PDA

View Full Version here: : Cadbury's Vegemite Chocolate.

BilliGoatsGruff
03-06-2015, 05:49 PM
I bought a block today and to be honest, I don't mind it. My dad has tried some from two different blocks and he said that one was stronger than the other. I think the caramel takes edge away from the Vegemite. Has anyone else tried it yet? If so, what did you think?

Eden
03-06-2015, 05:54 PM
You're braver than I am, Billi :) Part of me wants to try it, but then another part of me doesn't want to give in to the hype! :rofl:

BilliGoatsGruff
03-06-2015, 06:05 PM
Haha I felt the same way, but had to give it a go. If you do end up trying it I think you'll be surprised

Neil
03-06-2015, 06:29 PM
:eyepop:Vegimite doesn't work with ice cream, the same as chocolate on warm toast would be a melted mess, the point is they are not meant to be ate together (IMHO), clear skies.:rofl:

xelasnave
03-06-2015, 07:00 PM
Mmm vegemite pavlova next.

BilliGoatsGruff
03-06-2015, 07:07 PM
I'm the sort of person that dips their fries in soft-serve icecream at Macca's, so I'm pretty much up for anything :lol: and Nutella is kind of like chocolate... ;)

Nikolas
03-06-2015, 07:30 PM
Excellent marketing by cadbury, a colleague left a bowl of chocolate pieces in a bowl at work today, one by one we laughed at the various reactions to people who sampled it. all mostly "eeewwwww"
It's a fad that has people talking just like in here.

astroboof
03-06-2015, 08:03 PM
Really funny because I saw this thread just 10 seconds after we opened a packet of the stuff!

Ermmm, if you are dutch, and love your heavy salted licorice, you may love this contrast. For the average ocker it's likely a bit of a stretch.

Interesting but. :)

louie_the_fly
03-06-2015, 09:11 PM
I found it to be a little bit too "Caramello Koala". Just a tad sweet to work I reckon. You don't get much of the salty Vegemite taste coming through..

Bassnut
03-06-2015, 10:00 PM
Mm, that's interesting, I love triple salted Dutch licorice, live on the stuff, I'm tempted to give this a go now.

BilliGoatsGruff
04-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I agree. The first square wasn't too bad, but after two rows (oops! :lol: ) it got a bit sickly.

leon
04-06-2015, 12:30 PM
I tried it as well, and found it not to bad actually, but then I'm a Clog Wog, and love dutch salted licorice.

Leon

el_draco
04-06-2015, 12:39 PM
Gave up on Cadbury when they tried the Palm Oil con job. This chocolate has been deteriorating for decades and its barely above junk status now; hence the gimmick... Petty; when I was a kid, it was wonderful. :sadeyes:

Octane
04-06-2015, 01:06 PM
Tried two squares this morning. Quite liked it! The Vegemite is a subtle aftertaste.

H

LewisM
04-06-2015, 01:15 PM
Cadbury's gimmick MUST be working if this is the SECOND long thread about the same thing :)

I retried it recently. My opinion is still the same - sickly sweet and rancid thermonuclear reactor waste.

N1
04-06-2015, 02:48 PM
I've obtained some advice from the Land of Chocolate regarding this product. The advice was as follows:

Pfui Deibel.[end of message]

cometcatcher
04-06-2015, 03:05 PM
I found it is best eaten when starving. ;) The start of the block was good in a disgusting kind of way but by the time I got to the end I just wanted it to be gone.

What will they put in chocolate next?

JB80
04-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Sometimes I am happy that I can't get the 'comforts of home' in Spain. :)

jjjnettie
04-06-2015, 11:05 PM
I'm nibbling on some right now. :)
Our local IGA sold out of it very quickly.

OzStarGazer
05-06-2015, 10:49 AM
I did my shopping online with Woollies on Wednesday and had the food delivered this morning, but I didn't buy the Vegemite chocolate because it was huge. A quarter of a kilo is just too much for a person who lives alone. Considering the reviews I was not too convinced, although if they had had something smaller I could have given it a go.

Renato1
05-06-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't like Vegemite at all, and while the Cadburys Vegemite wasn't anywhere near as bad as the real thing, I didn't like it much either - but at least it was edible (unlike real Vegemite).

My wife really likes Vegemite, but she hated the Cadburys Vegemite worse than I did.

We gave all two blocks away to a visitor, who liked it better than we did.
Regards,
Renato

Jen
08-06-2015, 09:57 PM
Nope I just can't put myself to get a block, I must not give in :)
I prefer my vegemite thick on toast or crumpets and that's how it's staying :)
Now where is my block of snack Cadbury chocolate gone :) hehe

Glenhuon
14-06-2015, 12:08 AM
Vegemite on toast, yummy. Although it did take me about 15 years to acquire the taste. :) Seem to remember a guy on Antique Road Show who had a similar Choc and Beef bar he salvaged from an old vending machine in the UK from quite a few years back, Nestle I think. Personal opinion, revolting LOL

Bill

CJ
14-06-2015, 08:41 AM
I saw that episode a few days ago. It was "OXO" chocolate. I can't imagine what that would taste like! As it didn't last, not good I suspect. Having said that, I didn't like the idea of chocolate with chilli, but I'm now hooked!

BilliGoatsGruff
14-06-2015, 03:01 PM
Chocolate and chilli is a great combination :) I have a chilli and chocolate tea that's great as a winter warmer.

I think they could have picked a better way to add the vegemite. I'm not a bid fan of caramello chocolate, so that put me off more than the vegemite flavour.