PDA

View Full Version here: : Recommend me some earphones

michaellxv
15-05-2015, 01:40 PM
My kids go through earphones like there is no tomorrow. We started buying the really cheap ones as a result but they have not even lasted a month this time. I need something that can withstand the usual pulling, twisting, mashing into the school bag etc that kids put them through without spending a fortune.

Sound quality is a secondary issue, when they start paying they can get their own nice set that sounds good.

Michael.

OzStarGazer
15-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Some time ago I bought a brand called "Digital" at the Reject Shop. Pretty cheap, and I think it would be ideal for kids. And yes, these ear- or headphones seem to last for quite a while.

LewisM
15-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I have used a set that came with a Sony Ericsson mobile phone for 4 years now. No issues at all, good sound quality (for buds). They get daily use, and have been repeatedly chewed on by our 1.5 y.o daufhter (yik! Poor girl)

michaellxv
17-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Thanks guys,

I found some in the Reject shop branded iDigital. At only $2 it's worth the experiment. We'll see how they go.

OzStarGazer
18-05-2015, 09:54 AM
Good luck. Mine lasted longer than expected. (I did mean "iDigital", not just "Digital"). I use them for the TV and they seem to last longer than the DickSmith ones I bought with the TV itself. And they are not even that bad. When the DickSmith ones died I had the iDigital headphones handy and thought I would give them a go and they work fine, at least for the TV (I wouldn't use them for classical music for example).