PDA

View Full Version here: : DSI CCD cameras

Lee
19-09-2006, 12:40 PM
Hi guys

Now that the DSI cameras have been around for a bit, I was interested in hearing some comments about them. I have a DSLR I am going to use for widefields, but would really like a CCD for smaller faint fuzzies, which impress me more really.
As much as I'd love to go for SBIG etc, the price is just a bit too high at the moment, I don't want to have to work weekends!

So I am considering the Meade DSI II Pro - mainly as I can attach it to both my scopes, or any other scope I buy in the future, without moving mirrors etc....

Any experiences or advice to share on this would be appreciated - or on similar CCDs I suppose.

:thanks:

Ric
19-09-2006, 01:05 PM
Hi Lee,
I have had my DSI II Pro/filters and a f3.3 focal reducer for 5 months now and would say at the moment I am very happy with it.
It is the first CCD camera that I have owned and while a bit tricky at first for a person with no knowledge of them I feel I have come a long way quite quickly to the point where I have entered a image in the imaging challenge. As an entry level CCD camera I really can't fault them
The only problem that I have encountered was with the USB connection into the camera was a bit loose and was creating download errors to the computer, a simple rubber band around the cable and camera to hold it tighter and I have never had a problem since.

EzyStyles
19-09-2006, 01:35 PM
Hi Lee. jusst from what i can tell, if your DSLR isn't modded, the DSI's captures more details than it esp faint small planetaries. less noise too.