PDA

View Full Version here: : Expression of interest in your Freezer Wear for this year

GTB_an_Owl
30-04-2015, 01:42 AM
Expression of interest in your freezer wear for this year is now open in Ice Trades (Accessories)

please PM me if you need to keep warm this winter :)

geoff

inertia8
30-04-2015, 01:29 PM
Hi Geoff and All,

Transferring this from the For Sale thread.

Can someone please point out the advantages of the 2 piece jacket and pants vs the full suit?

I'm assuming it's convenience vs extra warmth in the one piece?

Ta,

GTB_an_Owl
30-04-2015, 01:46 PM
Hi inertia8

with the full suit - we find we wear only underpants and singlet/tshirt (and warm socks of course) underneath. Thats all you need
And we don't decide to put our suits on until it gets below about 7 or 8 degrees - if we do, the front is generally pretty much unzipped
Note - we rarely leave our suits at home when we go observing - depending on where you are, you can still get cold nites in summer

i have thought of trying the combination of the bib&brace and jacket myself - but resisted while i still fit into my full suit :)

i think if you were going to be inside/outside on a regular basis during your observation session, the two piece solution might be beneficial.

Of course the B&B and jacket would be better than just trouser and coat option. More protection around the kidney area when bending over.

Two piece options are also better suited to female application i would think

another consideration is that a one piece can be a little big and not suffer from "air leaks" so much.

hope this helps

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
02-05-2015, 06:37 PM
i have had about 4 enquiries so far.
a few more would be nice

I would like to close the order off in time to ship for this months new moon, so if you are interested, get your PM in soon

geoff

oilydog
03-05-2015, 04:22 PM
Have you got some pics of what your freezer ware looks like?

GTB_an_Owl
03-05-2015, 04:50 PM
yep - link to pics in ice trades thread

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=134342

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
04-05-2015, 09:38 PM
how many people that have or want to order freezer suits want them in time for SPSP next week ?

geoff

inertia8
04-05-2015, 11:36 PM
I'm not going to spsp this year, happy to put my order in when necessary. I shall pm size info tomorrow

GTB_an_Owl
08-05-2015, 06:12 PM
Expression of Interest CLOSING!

I have 5 confirmed orders so far.

anyone who would also like to place an order should do so before 7am monday the 11th May.

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
09-05-2015, 10:26 PM
Expression of Interest CLOSING!

I have 7 confirmed orders so far.

Inertia8
paulhet
DarkArts
slt
el_draco
Spookyer
JZ

anyone who would also like to place an order should do so before 7am monday the 11th May.

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
10-05-2015, 07:02 PM
last chance to-nite to confirm an order for your freezer wear :cold:

don't miss out!

orders close 7am in the morning

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
11-05-2015, 10:22 AM
Order submitted

expressions of interest still accepted

(but no guarantee on further orders this year)

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
25-05-2015, 11:19 PM
I have 3 members looking to place orders for a "round 2"

any further interested people out there?

geoff

GTB_an_Owl
02-06-2015, 10:22 PM
Are you sure you want to observe the June/July new moon without a freezer suit?

geoff