PDA

View Full Version here: : NGC 2899 - Planetary Nebula (updated - May,08)

jsmoraes
07-05-2014, 09:45 AM
Sory, some lack with focus, nevertheless it was done. I did a little adjustment on OAG and the focuser wasn't locked. I didn't perceive it !

GSO 305 mm - Canon T 3 - ISO 800 - 1 h 24 m - 21 x 40 sec - OAG - ASI120MC - Skyglow filter - Coma Corrector

large: http://www.astrobin.com/94871/0/

note: my first try with Photoshop CS6. I found some difficulties with HDR converson form TIF 32 bits DSS to 16 bits Photoshop. It is a bit different from CS3 !

RickS
07-05-2014, 10:14 AM
That's a tricky little one, Jorge!

marco
07-05-2014, 02:06 PM
Nice one Jorge, out of the bitten path :thumbsup:
Clear skies
Marco

jsmoraes
08-05-2014, 09:11 PM
Wow! I was sleeping. I forgot to complete my work in CS6. Now I need change the files in Astrobin, too. :sadeyes: New edition: Betrayed by screen. I changed the images. I didn't see the explosion of noise and saturation of stars.
Only the nebula needs to be enhanced. :rolleyes:

Now, I think they are ok.

jsmoraes
13-07-2014, 01:07 PM
Searching for information about the nebula, I found a nice image. And I didn't resist to re-process to get more details and similarity.

The first photo had more legacy contrast only

The second, some areas have reprocess with mask to show and hide some details. After, was applyed Shadow/Highlight to bring up the background stars

Althought I didn't learn make miracles: bad photos, always will be bad photos. :P

cometcatcher
13-07-2014, 02:04 PM
You've done very well for such a tiny object. :thumbsup:

jsmoraes
14-07-2014, 12:10 PM
Thank you, Kevin. I think that if I change the camera, change the photographer and change the site of observatory... this object will have a very good image ! :lol:

I am glad with the result. For a Canon it was a nice capture. And this distorted with abnormal red color nebula is a very interesting object. I liked to know about it. :)

note: I read your signature... wow! you have a collection of telescopes !