View Full Version here: : Extender for edxiii

Entropy
04-08-2013, 12:39 AM
Hey guys, does anyone know of a working adapter configuration for the EDXIII to a canon DSLR?
Just purchased the reducer and would also like the extender fir getting a bit more up close and personal.

Thanks

Hans Tucker
04-08-2013, 10:51 PM
Have you had a look at the Systems Chart for the FSQ-106EDXIII on the AEC website?

It looks like you need three adapters if you are using a reducer. A Reducer Adapter, CA-35 and a Wide T-Mount. You may also need a Vari-ring adapter.

Entropy
05-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Hey,
I've got the adapters sorted for the reducer as per the system chart. I just couldn't find a system chart for the extender anywhere and was wondering if anyone knew of such a chart or knows of a working configuration.

Hans Tucker
07-08-2013, 10:55 PM
On the Camera side you could use the Hotech SCA T-Adapter.

http://www.hotechusa.com/category-s/9.htm

And the SCA T-Adapter could interface with the Extender (60) which has adapters (17, 70B) to connect to the FSQ EDXIII (refer attached schematic).

Just a suggestion and what I plan to do with my FSQ-106ED/Extender combination.

Entropy
09-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Thanks for that.
So the EDX system chart is compatible with the EDXIII? That was my main confusion, I couldn't find any info on the comparisons between the two back ends.

Thanks again.

Hans Tucker
09-08-2013, 07:40 PM
Sorry, but I really don't know. The FSQ ED was designed as a Visual/Imaging instrument but this scope has had three evolutions to end up to the FSQ EDXIII which is designed as purely an imaging instrument. There is nearly 40mm difference in back-focus between the ED & EDXIII. How this difference translates to the use of the Extender QE and camera is the big question.

The only way around the question is trial and error.

gregbradley
10-08-2013, 11:30 PM
I thought the only differences were to the captains wheel being replaced with a couple of adapters and with the EDX111 has a cast part instead of the captains wheel (the captains wheel was a silly idea in the first place). I don't think there are any optical changes so not sure where the loss of backfocus comes from.

Greg.