Due to time and work commitments I have to defer my first ATM project, and so I have a 300mm GSO f5 mirror for sale. This mirror has been re-coated by Isaac Qin and tested by Mark Suchting. The results were:
- Spherical Aberration judged to be better than 1/8 wave P-V at 550 nm;
- Some primary astigmatism at 1/8 wave, probably not visible except for night of exceptional seeing;
- Some moderate surface rippling typical of mass-produced optics;
- Results indicate a mirror in the top of the range that could be expected for a mass produced mirror.
Bintel and Andrews sell these mirrors for $650. I'm asking $500.
- It's been tested, so it's quality and optical characteristics are known;
- For a mass-produced mirror, it's very good. There can be inconsistencies with mass-produced optics, but this has tested as a good mirror.
It's never been out of the box except for re-coating and testing. It's in the box, protected. I have receipts from Isaac Qin and a written report from Mark Suchting that I will pack with the mirror.
I'm not sure about shipping, so at this stage pickup in Randwick NSW is the best option.
Thanks for reading this ad.