After much mucking around, swearing, the odd temper tantrum and a feeling of absolute hopelessness, I've finally got the G11 to work reasonably well.
Guiding has been the main issue and whilst it's not perfect, at least I finally got an image to work on.
This NGC 5128 image is Lum 140 R 40 G 40 and B 40, all in 10 minute subs, through a ed 120 with Qhy9. Taken over two nights from suburban Werribee, a fair bit of light pollution, There were a few subs that had really egg shaped stars for no other reason than they happened, but then seemed to correct itself, so fingers crossed.
Aligned and stacked in CCD Stack and post processing in CS 3.