Well, here they are! After a few software and equipment issues over the weekend, that got sorted out by the generous folks around me, I got up and running using auto-guiding for the first time.
That meant I was all set to dodge the clouds, slew madly around the sky and do what probably all first-timers do - try and capture everything all at once! When I calmed down I had hoped to spend my time on Tarantula because I love the green that my unmodded DSlr gives me but it seemed the clouds were conspiring against that so I settled for some concentrated work on Orion.
My pix are taken through a Vixen ED80 using an unmodded Canon 350D. I had a QHY5 set up through a borrowed finderscope for guiding. Unfortunately it seems the usb cables were too close to the power so all the RAW files are very noisy so what you see here are jpegs.
The Orion photo is a stack of about 6 x 180sec and 6 x 300 sec exposures, processed in Photoshop with great thans to John G for his help there. I realise the core is pretty maxed out but I'm really happy (and proud) of it.
The horsehead was a single exposure - the horsehead is really not there but still... Tarantula is a stack of several 300sec exposures and a little processing. The Pelaides much the same.
Thanks to all that have helped me get to this point - your generosity and enthusiasm is infectious.