I took this image over a couple of nights and it is a combination of 15 x 3 min and 10 x 4 min subs (85 mins total) using the 400D, paracorr and 10" Newt. As per the other shots this has ICNR and flats applied.
I've used a few iterations of PS levels and curves followed by a bit of deconvolution to sharpen up the galaxy details.
Having spent so many hours acquiring and processing these images it sure makes you appreciate the trully amazing images others on this forum produce.
I'm quite pleased with what I achieved in the last couple of weeks at astrofest but the more you get into this the higher you set your standards. There's still a lot of room for improvement. The feedback and encouragement really does help.
Thanks for the feedback JJJ, Troy, Geoff and Marc.
I haven't tried a MPCC so can't compare but I am very happy with the Paracorr. Any star elongation in my images is due to some drift caused by differential flexure and despite several attempts and changing out components I've yet to find the cause.
The stars at the edge of the field in my shorter exposures that do not show this drift have very little coma by my reckoning. I don't think I've tried the 400D/newt combination without the paracorr as I originally couldn't achieve focus but have subsequently shortened the OTA so will give it a try some time.