I got asked some serious questions today at work, by a Non Astronomer, and I couldn't answer them.
1. How fast does our galaxy spin?
2. How long does it take to complete one revolution?
3. How long does it take our Solar System to complete an orbit of the Galaxy?
4. How fast does our Solar System travel at in it's orbit around the galaxy?
I could answer the last one though.
5. How fast does the Earth move in it's orbit?
Geez, how ignorant am I, being stumped by all those questions?
Someone help me out here please, so I can answer the questions.