ANZAC Day
Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Eyepieces, Barlows and Filters
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2007, 08:05 PM
DJVege

Cool My Nagler arrived!!!!

7mm Nagler, orion shorty plus barlow 2x and orion red dot sky finder arrived today! I took the scope out for a quick spin! I checked out Venus, and with a barlowed nagler, I could make out definite reds and blues. Saturn was awesome. Could easily see the rings. And now I'm going to wait up to check out Jupiter. The moon is going to ruin it a little, but it should still be aight.

The images were a little blurry due to very quick collimation (too excited), and atmosphere. I could see the image go blurry, then sharp, etc...

A little bad news, though. The red dot sky finder has a funky base. It won't fit on my scope, unless I use the stick on pads...and if I use the stick on pads, I can't use the plastic mount (for extra height). So I think I'm going to have to buy a separate base ($20) and drill some holes to attach this baby. UUuuhh...why is astronomy so involved and difficult. Why can't it just be easy? I want everything HERE ANE NOW!! For less $$$!!

Sorry for the rant. Lovin this nagler!

Ciao.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:10 PM
matt
6000 post club member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJVege View Post
I checked out Venus, and with a barlowed nagler, I could make out definite reds and blues.
That's called atmospheric dispersion. They are not 'surface' or cloud details, although those are visible through certain types of filters.

Congrats on the arrival of your Nagler, anyway. Jupiter should look great, but just let it climb high enough in the sky.