Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Eyepieces, Barlows and Filters
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Nordo

TMB Eyepieces - General

Everyone seems pretty wrapped with the Planetary series (2.5mm - 9.00mm) eyepieces. I think I will be buying one or two of theses EPs.
However, does anyone know anything about their Wide Angle and Super Wide Angle series?
Thanks
Old 13-10-2006, 07:51 PM
janoskiss (Steve H)

My guess is that except for the new Paragon, they are just cheapies similar to those sold under many other brand names, and would not be much good in fast scopes.
Old 13-10-2006, 08:29 PM
casstony

Couple of things to be aware of regarding the planetary series: the eye relief is 12mm (not 16 as advertised) and there may be better similarly priced choices if your primary target is the moon (internal reflection of light is not as well controlled as it could be). I do think they are good eyepieces for the price, and it's not surprising that they aren't perfect at their price level.
Old 18-10-2006, 08:06 PM
Nordo

At this stage of my Hobby (very early ), my main interest is in DSOs. However I still like viewing planets and the moon.

My interest in the TMB planetary series has stemmed from the fact that most user reviews I've read on the planetary series have been from people using them for viewing DSOs. Even though the EPs have been specifically designed for bright planetary objects.

I was only curious in their other EPs in case I decided I wanted to upgrade my wider angle EPs.

Thanks for the comment on the eye relief.