Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Astrophotography and Imaging Equipment and Discussions

Old 28-07-2017, 10:03 AM
luka
Unregistered User

Bo, I had another look at the documentation. Zero is actually not a valid number of rows to add to the datagridview. Most likely it cannot find or identify the EFW properly and tries to add zero rows to the datagridview. Most likely the software is not handling this error properly. You could try the driver without the EFW connected and see if you get the same error. Not sure if this brings you any further though.
Old 28-07-2017, 09:24 PM
traveller (Bo)
Not enough time and money

Problem solved!
Thanks to Colin (Atmos).
I added a washer between the filter wheel and the filter body as the retaining screws for the filters were too long and protruding out and scratching the filter wheel body. But by adding extra distance between the filter wheel and the filter body, the homing and the position sensor cannot accurately position the filter wheel.
Solution: Colin gave me a pack of extra washers to keep the filter retaining screw in the filter wheel. This allowed me to remove the washer between the filter wheel and the filter body, and now the sensors can work on the wheel.
So I can now connect the EFW to Sharp Cap, Sequence Generator and Maxim DL.
I will now write to ZWO to ask them to add extra washers in their EFW packs.
Bo
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (File_000 (1).jpg)
79.4 KB43 views
Click for full-size image (File_001 (1).jpg)
92.1 KB45 views
Old 28-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Marke (Mark)

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
Problem solved!
Thanks to Colin (Atmos).
I added a washer between the filter wheel and the filter body as the retaining screws for the filters were too long and protruding out and scratching the filter wheel body. But by adding extra distance between the filter wheel and the filter body, the homing and the position sensor cannot accurately position the filter wheel.
Solution: Colin gave me a pack of extra washers to keep the filter retaining screw in the filter wheel. This allowed me to remove the washer between the filter wheel and the filter body, and now the sensors can work on the wheel.
So I can now connect the EFW to Sharp Cap, Sequence Generator and Maxim DL.
I will now write to ZWO to ask them to add extra washers in their EFW packs.
Bo
Mate didnt I say that to you ages ago as well hmm Sounds like you got the wrong screws to start with mine just go in and thats all.