Old 28-04-2017, 02:27 PM
DarkKnight (Kev)

Quote:
I've got a small red torch, which does the job well. When I first step outside it's little more than a very faint glow, but as the eyes get accustomed to the dark it's very effective indeed.
A green laser pointer mounted on your camera's hot-shoe will take all the guesswork out of the equation. With the green pointer you can actually see the beam at night.

Just be aware of any passing aircraft or you may spend the rest of the night in the local slammer.
Old 28-04-2017, 03:09 PM
Nebulous (Chris)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimithri86 View Post
I find "google sky" and "skeye" apps for andriod to work well on my old phone.
Thanks Dimithri, I'll check those out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight View Post
A green laser pointer mounted on your camera's hot-shoe will take all the guesswork out of the equation. With the green pointer you can actually see the beam at night.

Just be aware of any passing aircraft or you may spend the rest of the night in the local slammer.
I think I'd better pass on the lasers for now Kev. I don't fancy the sound of being a guest of Her Majesty. There's a navigation beacon not far from where we live so I see a lot of commercial flights heading out. In fact, I've told my wife that the brightest and most common star I see at night turns out to be called Boeing.

The red torch I mentioned is purely for earthly use - e.g. finding the lens cap I just dropped, etc..