Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2019, 08:01 PM
carlosgib (Charles)

Pulsar Dome - degrees out after calibration

Hi Group,

Having complete the installation of my Pulsar Dome observatory and have the drive automation unit installed and program as well, I managed to calibrate the drive after changing magnet so that the encode could read it better and after a single rotation it was calibrated. I am using both Park and the Home position at the same angle of zero degrees (basically pointing polarize). The dome shutter window center points to Polaris (already done a polar alignment), so my mount is at zero degree before I started the calibration.

However when the calibration was completed the drive panel screen showed 358 degrees and is spot-on the center of the shutter window, if I instruct the dome to move at zero/360 degrees it will move away from the shutter center.

When I originally installed the Drive and the encode I am pretty sure that I place the encode wheel to zero degree and the shutter window was centered to the mount/telescope position.

So, the question is, does it matter being a few degree out when I eventually slew to a target, or I can compensate somehow when setting up the Slave parameters, say on the North offset.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

Carlos
Old 08-07-2019, 06:14 PM
h0ughy (David)

Do you have to put in how many teeth you have on the rack? Can you put in the software the correction?