Old 11-08-2019, 07:49 AM
Kuz

Asi air cable connections

Hi all need help with how to set up asi air , I am trying to set up air air to my mount . Very hard to find out any info on line , I have a zwo 290 mini guide scope and 294mc pro as cameras also have a skywatcher new 6 pro mount with latest synscan controller. I have a usb connection from 290 mini to 294 pro than I have usb 3 in connection to asi air . . Do I just run a st4 cable from 290 guide camera into auto guide port on neq6 mount and than a shoe string cable from asi air to mount or do I run st4 cable from guide camera into synscan hand piece and power synscan via sub power on 294 pro. Do I need to use syn scan at all or can I remove it from maze of cables thanks in advance hope that makes sense I am wanting to use sky safari 6 pro to control my scope

Last edited by Kuz; 11-08-2019 at 07:59 AM. Reason: Missed sky safari pro 6
Old 11-08-2019, 11:18 AM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

I should be able to help but in truth I can't remember and I never did get the mount co operating with Sky Safari but I must tell you that the only reason I joined face book was to ask questions in the Asiair group. If no one here comes forward who can actually remember what they did a couple of months ago you may care to look into the Facebook thing.
Alex

I think you run the guide camera to the main camera and from there link to Asiair you don't use the port on the mount of that much I am certain.
Alex

Last edited by RB; 10-10-2019 at 12:44 PM.
Old 11-08-2019, 11:54 AM
Kuz

Looks like I might have join the book face
Old 11-08-2019, 12:03 PM
xelasnave
Gravity does not Suck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Looks like I might have join the book face
I felt the same way don't you worry.
But it is ok if you don't get involved ..but don't get involved other than the group..it prompts you with all these people who you may know and you can ask them to take you on as a friend..I saw my mate there who was the most unlikely face book person..anyways now I get stuff from him every second day to the point where I just ignore it..it does have a video conference link thing which I thought was cool but there are other apps that enable such..actually I think the vid is via messenger...a novelty but the time lag makes it impractical.
Please file a report here when you have it going..a review I suppose so others may benefit from your experience and impressions..
I get the impression that the face book thing with Asiair works such that users feed back to zwo and stuff gets changed as a result...you may find that they will be chatting about the focuser..which got going as a result of this group thing..as I believe..
Alex
Old 11-08-2019, 04:27 PM
Nikolas (Nik)
Dazed and confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuz View Post
Hi all need help with how to set up asi air , I am trying to set up air air to my mount . Very hard to find out any info on line , I have a zwo 290 mini guide scope and 294mc pro as cameras also have a skywatcher new 6 pro mount with latest synscan controller. I have a usb connection from 290 mini to 294 pro than I have usb 3 in connection to asi air . . Do I just run a st4 cable from 290 guide camera into auto guide port on neq6 mount and than a shoe string cable from asi air to mount

That! but best to run both usb cables from the cameras to the air. Choose on camera for the guidescope in asiair. Youtube is your friend.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1ZgqtYdJKI&t=3s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqh-bu--Sws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CzxKkCdI6II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6DAzMCy2ZA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amH0agJG6yU
Old 25-09-2019, 08:54 AM
Kuz

I ended up running the st4 cable from guide camera to mount port . And.running asi air into mount hand controller
It works well with sky safari 6 pro . I do polar alignment with asi air . Plate solve and than use sky safari to locate what ever I am looking for