Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-01-2021, 01:19 AM
astrod (Rod)

ZWO ASI533MC Pro Color USB3 Camera plus Duo-Band Filter

1) ZWO ASI533MC-Pro Color USB3 Camera

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com...33mc-pro-color

This is one of the new "zero amp glow" cameras. It is a one shot color (OSC) camera (RGGB Bayer matrix). It has a square sensor with 3008 x 3008 pixels at 3.76um. The sensor size is 11.31mm x 11.31mm for 9.07 Mpixels, which makes it ideal for telescopes with focal lengths from 400mm (2 arc sec/pixel) to 1100mm (0.7 arc sec/pixel). 1.25" filters work perfectly with this size sensor.

I'm using it too little to justify keeping it and am focussing on two cooled mono ZWO ASI cameras doing broadband LRGB and narrowband with filter wheels and the like.

If you're new to astrophotography then cooled OSC is the most cost effective path because you don't have to get filter wheels, adapters, filter sets, complex driving software and more expensive mono cameras ($$$$). People proficient with OSC get results quite close to mono cameras with filters. And a cooled OSC will be way way better than using DSLRs and the like because of sensitivity and temperature regulation for calibration.

The cooling works to 30-35 degrees below ambient; the new generation Sony sensors such as in this ASI533MC are known to run a bit hotter than those in cameras like ASI1600MM Pro (which can achieve 40 degrees below ambient). However the dark current is crazy low in this camera and there is little performance compromise at -10 degrees (for hot Summer nights). You'll have to source your own 12V supply for the camera which is needed for the cooling.

2) ZWO Duo-Band Filter 1.25" (included)

https://astronomy-imaging-camera.com...uo-band-filter

One argument for mono cameras is that they excel at/can do narrowband. However there are now multiband narrowband filters which direct Ha to the R channel and OIII to the G and B channels of the OSC, respectively. Included in the sale is the ZWO Duo-Band Filter 1.25" that is designed for their OSCs. You'll be able to explore narrowband imaging with this OSC using this filter.

Note that the included 1.25" T-Mount nosepiece (sitting on top of the box in photo 1 can take the 1.25" filter or the included T2-1.25" adapter can take the 1.25" filter and thereby mount it inside the black 11mm T-2 ring shown on the camera in the photo 3.

3) Demo Image

I've attached a cropped image of NGC55 I've taken with this ASI533MC camera when paired with a RASA-8 (it is one of the short 6.5mm backfocus cameras that can go with the RASA-8). I took about 150 x 120 second frames (over multiple nights), debayered, aligned and stacked but without bias, darks or flats! Just with quick and dirty post-processing the result shows the great possibilities with this camera.

4) Price

All the standard bits and pieces that came with the camera plus the duo-band filter. New ZWO ASI533MC-Pro is $1399 RRP and the ZWO Duo-Band Filter 1.25 is $149 RRP.

I'm asking for $1150 including registered postage (within Australia). I understand that people may want to make offers but I'll wait a few days before considering lower offers.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_5359.jpg)
199.7 KB57 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5360-1.jpg)
196.6 KB39 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5361.jpg)
194.4 KB40 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5362.jpg)
180.8 KB48 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5357-1.jpg)
193.5 KB42 views
Click for full-size image (ngc55demo.jpg)
90.7 KB100 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5363.jpg)
64.8 KB35 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_5358.jpg)
201.7 KB39 views

Last edited by astrod; 12-01-2021 at 09:48 AM. Reason: Now paid for and sold.
Old 09-01-2021, 12:42 PM
RobK (Rob)

PM sent

Rob