Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 06-08-2017, 08:42 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

A few miscellaneous items

Hi,

I'm having a little clear out to part fund a new acquisition I'm planning this is stuff I don't use anymore - nothing wrong with any of it, just doesn't get used.

1. Orion ST 80 - my old workhorse guidescope until I went with the 50mm 'finder type' which is fine for my imaging focal length. This is the basic tube - although I think I still have the original 1.25" diagonal to go with it, otherwise you'll need an extension tube to reach focus. $130
  2. William Optics 80mm rings - obviously but designed to go with the ST80 but bought separately at some cost. $100 or rings plus ST80 for $210
  3. In the photo the rings are attached to a long aluminium bar (but can obviously be removed). The bar was specially made for my purpose at the time but I don't see me ever going back to mounting a second telescope on top so it goes if anyone can find a use for it. As you see it was also anodised so looks good. $100
  4. Denkmeir excellent star diagonal - COMPLETELY UNUSUED, for use with any type of scope but this one also has a special attachment specifically for SCT owners with an interlocking grip. I bought this with my binoviewers but I really only use my Televue diagonal so this can go. See Denks video of this item here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wr8H...ature=youtu.be - $TBD (I need to check something with Denk first but expect this to be in the range of $350
  5. Finally a curious one and I will consider selling on a test drive basis. I'll explain....
I have a Starlight instruments 3.5" focuser and previously had a Starlight motor focus unit for it - the handy stepper motor (http://starlightinstruments.com/stor...product_id=356). Because my camera and gear was so heavy I asked Starlight if they had anything beefier and they suggested a prototype motor they were working on. I think in the end it became the new posidrive motor but essentially this one is not available afaik now but can carry a greater payload. IMPORTANT - this is the motor only you will need the controller like this: http://starlightinstruments.com/stor...product_id=305. the motor works perfectly though.

*THIS ITEM IS ON HOLD* whilst I contact Starlight to gather information. I would like to confirm exactly what is required to ensure it works and if it only works with a 3.5" focuser. I will report back when I get the information and then also set a price accordingly.
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (Orion ST80.JPG)
110.2 KB219 views
Click for full-size image (Denk Diagonal 2.JPG)
88.8 KB130 views
Click for full-size image (Denk Diagonal.JPG)
96.9 KB133 views
Click for full-size image (motor focus unit.JPG)
101.3 KB151 views

Last edited by OneCosmos; 06-08-2017 at 03:38 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 09:16 AM
Crushellon (Tim)

Pmd re st80 and rings
Old 15-08-2017, 08:00 AM
OneCosmos (Chris)

The ST80, William Optics rings, long anodized aluminium bar and the Denkmeier diagonal are all still available.

Chris
Old 17-08-2017, 09:04 AM
04Stefan07 (Stefan)
Make it so! - Capt.Picard

PM sent.