Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 18-09-2014, 03:34 PM
CALISTO7

SAXON 4" (102mm) APO REFRACTOR.

I have a Saxon 4" F9 Apo Refractor for sale..It comes with an Equatorial Mount and Tripod, Counterweights, 9x 50 Finderscope, and 3 Apo Eyepieces.
Retail value over 1,600.00
As new condition and used only 3 or 4 times.
Fantastic for those interested in Planetary and Lunar high quality imaging!
Price $950.00
Pick up only please.
I have now attached 8 photos to show that the Telescope is in perfect condition!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (MVC-012F.JPG)
46.7 KB170 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-013F.JPG)
68.0 KB142 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-014F.JPG)
58.4 KB129 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-015F (2).JPG)
54.2 KB143 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-017F (2).JPG)
74.5 KB152 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-016F.JPG)
56.0 KB121 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-022F.JPG)
51.8 KB164 views
Click for full-size image (MVC-020F (2).JPG)
115.7 KB172 views

Last edited by CALISTO7; 24-09-2014 at 12:14 PM.
Old 18-09-2014, 03:48 PM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Which model is it?

Is this the same you have listed here: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=50063

And here: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=87096

Can we finally get to the bottom of this and help sell it?

Last edited by LewisM; 19-09-2014 at 09:48 AM.
Old 18-09-2014, 06:35 PM
Starcrazzy

Sold twice already?
Old 19-09-2014, 06:27 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

And whats with the mount ? you offer to sell it to me and then it turns up for sale here , thank you so very much .
Brian.
Old 19-09-2014, 08:20 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Pictures essential here.

Last edited by LewisM; 19-09-2014 at 09:47 AM.
Old 19-09-2014, 08:37 AM
Regulus (Trevor)
Regulus - Couer de Leon

Yes, this is odd. Offered 3 times and never any pictures. Even when requested. Hardly any responses to inquiries and then it is withdrawn and re-advertised 12 months later.
I want him to post pictures before I will make any decision, and I think that's true of any potential buyer, and I don't understand why none are provided. It's not hard to do.

Trevor
ps - I know we are breaking the rules by commenting here, but I think our skepticism is justified.
Old 19-09-2014, 08:39 AM
Kunama

Perhaps contact Glenn directly at Francis Lord Optics
Old 19-09-2014, 08:44 AM
Regulus (Trevor)
Regulus - Couer de Leon

Yep. Couldn't remember who he worked for.
Old 19-09-2014, 09:44 AM
LewisM
Novichok test rabbit

Direct contact details: http://www.francislordoptics.com.au/contact-us/
Old 22-09-2014, 06:19 PM
CALISTO7

Saxon 100mm apo telescope

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisM View Post
Which model is it?

Is this the same you have listed here: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=50063

And here: http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...ad.php?t=87096

Can we finally get to the bottom of this and help sell it?
I have advertised this Scope twice before, but with no takers.I was prepared to sell the scope as optical tube assembly and mount separately if need be.But I am only interested in those who can pick up the scope, and not sending by road transport anywhere.Go to the Saxon Website to see a photo of it, as I do not have one myself.
Old 22-09-2014, 06:21 PM
CALISTO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian nordstrom View Post
And whats with the mount ? you offer to sell it to me and then it turns up for sale here , thank you so very much .
Brian.
Hey Brian, I didn't realise you were from W.A!...I am only interested in people who can pick up the scope as a whole, or seperately, I don't really mind.....Glenn
Old 22-09-2014, 06:24 PM
CALISTO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starcrazzy View Post
Sold twice already?
No the scope has NOT been sold twice!...There were no takers on myn previous adds, so this is my third attempt with a lower price.If no takers takers I will auction it off at a Trivia Night!....Glenn
Old 22-09-2014, 06:25 PM
CALISTO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
Yes, this is odd. Offered 3 times and never any pictures. Even when requested. Hardly any responses to inquiries and then it is withdrawn and re-advertised 12 months later.
I want him to post pictures before I will make any decision, and I think that's true of any potential buyer, and I don't understand why none are provided. It's not hard to do.

Trevor
ps - I know we are breaking the rules by commenting here, but I think our skepticism is justified.
Hi Trevor, please go to the Saxon Web-Site to see photo of it, as I am not going to assemble the scope just to take a photo!....Glenn...
Old 22-09-2014, 07:52 PM
GrahamL
pro lumen

Quote:
No the scope has NOT been sold twice!.

Mods ,,is/was there a default line ,,that listed items sold without the seller having any input ?
I've bumped the sold previously thing before and asked
as others have now ,not a big issue, but what gives in regard ?
Old 22-09-2014, 10:50 PM
OICURMT
Oh, I See You Are Empty!

Question

I think the thread title is incorrect.

Saxon do not make a ED102, only an ED100

The 102mm is an Achro.

I assume it is this one http://www.saxon.com.au/telescopes/r...telescope.html

However, as previous stated in one of the other threads... (http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...1&postcount=15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALISTO7 View Post
I have advertised this Scope twice before, but with no takers.I was prepared to sell the scope as optical tube assembly and mount separately if need be.But I am only interested in those who can pick up the scope, and not sending by road transport anywhere.Go to the Saxon Website to see a photo of it, as I do not have one myself.
Not to be pendantic, but I'm struggling to find a Saxon ED100 APO with an EQ in the $1699 RRP range... can you please provide a link?

On a separate note, considering the seller wishes a pick-up, I personally don't see much risk in the purchase. I'd personally cut the guy some slack, but I have to admit, I'm interesting in knowing exactly what it is he is selling... (from a curiosity point of view).

OIC!
Old 23-09-2014, 12:36 PM
Regulus (Trevor)
Regulus - Couer de Leon

I'd like to know the actual condition and whether the front element is covered in Fungi, scratched, or pristine. Goes for the tube as well. Photos of advertising from suppliers is well and good but since I would have to get this collected from Sydney by a friend who will ship it to me, and who has no knowledge of scopes, then I am buying sight-unseen. Having been stung before this way, I have no desire to have it happen again.
Glen you really need to post photos of the scope you are actually selling, even though this isn't a condition of selling on this forum.
It probably is 'as new' and would be a good buy, but I suspect it hasn't sold to date because people cannot see the actual gear in a photo. Yes, people can call to inspect it, but you have limited your market to the Sydney area. I am in Tasmania, and although I have options to get it delivered, including having a shipping company pick it up from your door, I am not interested, because the picture at Saxon tells me what a brand new one would look like and not your second-hand one.
Please consider re-advertising with pictures, nuisance and all that it is to unpack. It might just sell this time if you do.
That's me out of here.
Trevor
Old 23-09-2014, 03:52 PM
CALISTO7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulus View Post
I'd like to know the actual condition and whether the front element is covered in Fungi, scratched, or pristine. Goes for the tube as well. Photos of advertising from suppliers is well and good but since I would have to get this collected from Sydney by a friend who will ship it to me, and who has no knowledge of scopes, then I am buying sight-unseen. Having been stung before this way, I have no desire to have it happen again.
Glen you really need to post photos of the scope you are actually selling, even though this isn't a condition of selling on this forum.
It probably is 'as new' and would be a good buy, but I suspect it hasn't sold to date because people cannot see the actual gear in a photo. Yes, people can call to inspect it, but you have limited your market to the Sydney area. I am in Tasmania, and although I have options to get it delivered, including having a shipping company pick it up from your door, I am not interested, because the picture at Saxon tells me what a brand new one would look like and not your second-hand one.
Please consider re-advertising with pictures, nuisance and all that it is to unpack. It might just sell this time if you do.
That's me out of here.
Trevor
Hi Trevor,..Ok I will make an effort to do your request sometime this week.I will photograph as much as i can to show you it is in Pristine order!...Cheers Glenn
Old 23-09-2014, 09:06 PM
Regulus (Trevor)
Regulus - Couer de Leon

Glen don't do it for me. It was an observation on the advantages of photos in selling second hand.
if it was me I would have this thread closed, or these extraneous comments deleted and re-advertise with pictures.
For what it's worth, I apologise for contibuting to your advert. Just be nice to see u finally sell it.
No more from me.