Old 29-10-2020, 05:40 PM
TrevorW

Tuc 47

Ok I know done to death but only second time I've used this camera so my session last night I packed up by 12 when the wind just got to strong -and if you've been to Perth you'd know how strong the Easterly's can get. After sorting out PHD guiding issues (seems it didn't want to pulse guide(wouldn't calibrate) through my USB hub so I had to connect straight to laptop. I only managed 24 minutes of Tuc 47 before switching to NGC2068- m78 which I only managed 15 minutes which is just not enough data to bring out a decent image of this object. I think I should have also refocused after moving the mount/camera to capture both. Working under a near full moon etc and windy conditions as well as adjusting to the new camera, a QHY183c was a bit of a test for me to see what gain and offset to set, for this session where set probably a bit high. So only a half descent image of Tuc 47 to show taken through a 110EON ED- 8 frames with darks but no bias processed in PS- Guided OSAG on G11 mount
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (TUC47 24M WITH DARKS.jpg)
143.3 KB66 views
Old 29-10-2020, 09:00 PM
Placidus (Mike and Trish)
Narrowing the band

No evidence of wind buffet, and guiding looks great.

If your dark frames are the same length as your light frames, you don't need bias frames.

Looks like you can push it quite a bit harder and find many more stars in the background. Hard for us to be sure just with a 200K JPEG, but we had a peek.
Old 29-10-2020, 09:07 PM
TrevorW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Placidus View Post
No evidence of wind buffet, and guiding looks great.

If your dark frames are the same length as your light frames, you don't need bias frames.

Looks like you can push it quite a bit harder and find many more stars in the background. Hard for us to be sure just with a 200K JPEG, but we had a peek.