Old 16-03-2017, 05:44 PM
anthony.tony

Fire In The Sky Central West Nsw

https://www.facebook.com/groups/5933...7034470438650/ - Reports More
17 of 667

CWAS: Reports of Space Junk tonight, Wednesday, 15 March
Inbox

Hello all,

Three very interesting reports of space junk tonight. Did anybody else see it? If so, send in your reports for distribution.

From Gavin Tom:

“Fireball in west at 7:45 PM. Just returned home and noticed how dark it was when I turned off the lights. Suddenly it was as bright as at least moonshine perhaps brighter. I turned to the west and there was a ball of light which appeared to be travelling from 2 o'clock position to 8 o'clock position looking due west. It was a huge flare and changed colour tom white to red to blue ( or was it blue to red?) as whatever it was burnt up in the atmosphere and disappeared. No noise, very quick, but spectacular! Hopefully someone somewhere caught it on their dash cam." Gavin Tom Parkes NSW ---

"Nice sight in the south tonight. Did anyone see the flame in the sky tonight to the south/west? About 8:40pm. A piece of junk falling? With a beautiful long tail of blue/yellow that lasted for a couple of seconds. It looked like a bright flare at first but as it "fell" it developed quite a long tail about a thumb length at arms length would be my guess. It was quite a sight before disappearing behind the cloud above the horizon. Sadly didn't have a camera ready." from Paul clark -

From Tony Trelford:

“Two very bright lights - prob-sattellites. Just saw around 745 -to before 8pm -two very brights lights travelling about 1 .5 degrees apart over near Alpha and Beta Centaur.i travelling in my line of sight away from me maybe -3 mag out to s/east
Old 16-03-2017, 05:50 PM
anthony.tony

http://www.centralwesterndaily.com.a...-orange-video/ - The Story made The Central Western Daily - Orange NSW
Old 26-03-2017, 01:03 PM
Gizmo

A little off topic, but how do they know its space junk? Is it the colour of the flare?