Old 30-03-2019, 02:49 PM
appiice (Ed)

Celestron CPWI

Hello Group

Anyone using Celestron CPWI software?

If you are, what position does your mount report to the software after the pointing model has been loaded?

Thanks
Old 30-03-2019, 03:37 PM
glend (Glen)

There are several versions of the PWI software, which was originally conceived (and marketed) as the CGX PWI software. I understand Celestron is trying to move it to a cross platfortm solution, but there are still issues in that it does not give you full ASCOM functionality.
As far as your question is concerned, assuming your at Home position, the position will be Home position (on the CGX). The mount doesn't move, you have only loaded a sky model. If you built the sky model correctly then it will be fairly accurate when you first move to an object. However, your sky model (pointing model) is only accurate for the place where you built it, and the accuracy is determined by the number of points used to build the model.
Old 03-04-2019, 07:32 PM
appiice (Ed)

Cpwi

Hello Glen

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the latest beta version. It is getting better with every update.

Are you running it?

Ed
Old 03-04-2019, 07:57 PM
glend (Glen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by appiice View Post
Hello Glen

Thank you for your reply.

I am using the latest beta version. It is getting better with every update.

Are you running it?

Ed
Ed, i have tried, and tried, but it is not compatible with SGP, which needs full ASCOM feature set. The old work around of running through the hand controller will not work with the mount controlled via the USB connector on the mount. So i am stuck with using the hand controller, still waiting on Celestron to provide ASCOM control.
Old 04-04-2019, 07:55 AM
appiice (Ed)

Cpwi

Hello Glen

I am using 2.N.25 ( of CPWI ) I have a computer controlling the mount ( CGX ) through the usb connector on the side of the mount and the HC also connected into the computer, then into one of the RF45 sockets on the mount.

I connect it through the HC not the USB radio box on CPWI, I don't know why but it works.

This version of CPWI reportedly does have full ASCOM control of SGP.

I'm still having alignment problems and have not really tried it.

I do have a Celestron focuser and can connect to it through both CPWI and the Celestron utility at the same time, so I'm guessing it will work under ASCOM as well.

Best regards

Ed