Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > Star Parties, Club and Community Events

Old 25-03-2019, 05:59 PM
AstralTraveller (David)

NACAA 2020 Call for Round Tables, Panel Sessions, Workshops, and Symposia

The 29th National Australian Convention of Amateur Astronomers (NACAA) will be held in the NSW regional city of Parkes over the 2020 Easter weekend, 10-13 April. The event will be hosted by the Central West Astronomical Society.

The theme for this NACAA is "Astronomy and the Citizen".

The Program Committee are currently seeking proposals to present Round Tables, Panel Sessions, Workshops, and/or Symposia to run during, or alongside, NACAA XXIX.
  • Round Tables are an opportunity for a small group to sit around a table and discuss their specific interests. They could run for 30, 60, or 90 minutes.
  • Panel Sessions have a group of speakers discussing a topic of more general interest, and offer an opportunity for interaction with a larger audience. They would typically run for one 90-minute session.
  • Workshops are "hands-on". One or two presenters would pass on their expertise over one or more sessions.
  • Symposia usually run for one or more days, before or after the main event.

Full details and the proposal submission form are at : http://www.nacaa.org.au/2020/cfw

You can contact the Program Committee at: http://www.nacaa.org.au/contact/programme or, if you prefer, send me a pm and I'll try to help. [This is my first go on the pc, so I'm learning too.]

thank you,
David
Old 27-03-2019, 01:23 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Hi David,

I'm going to submit a proposal for a PixInsight workshop.

Thanks,
Rick.
Old 27-03-2019, 03:18 PM
Paul Haese

Hi David,

I have sent a query via the email system on NACAA. I am interested in submitting a proposal for a presentation idea I have.
Old 28-03-2019, 12:21 PM
SMR (Steve)
Steve Russell

Hi everyone

Just letting everyone know that, yes, we will be looking for people such as Paul to make presentations on their favourite topics. We expect to start accepting proposals around June, with a deadline later in the year.

We've had a good response to our call for larger events. So far, we have 4 workshops in the pipeline. There's still room for one or two more.

We can also announce that two other events will run in conjunction with NACAA 2020: the Variable Star South Symposium, and the Trans-Tasman Symposium on Occultations.

Stay tuned for other news as we lock in the events.

Cheers,
Steve Russell
NACAA 2020 PC Chair