Old 14-10-2018, 07:47 PM
Rob52 (Rob)

Bobs Knobs

I have a Skywatcher 130/600 black diamond. Was wondering if bobs knobs are worth replacing the Allan key adjusters for the secondary mirror
Old 15-10-2018, 05:44 AM
nsavage (Nick)

I swapped mine out for some Bob’s Knobs on my 200p and also did the “milk bottle” mod (I used a black fabric softener bottle) and the difference was night and day. Very happy with the result and found adjustment to be significantly easier. As soon as I ordered my 200pds I ordered a set of Bob’s Knobs for it as well.
Old 15-10-2018, 06:24 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

+1 for Bob’s Knobs.
I’ve used them on all my SCT telescopes.
Recommended.
Old 15-10-2018, 07:21 AM
glend (Glen)

It depends on the scope design, in the case of newts, if you like to stand it up on the rear cell they do not make sense. My old MN190 also had recessed Allen keys and screws, and I had purchased a set of Bob's Knobs but never installed them as I store the scope standing on the rear ring and the knobs would prevent that. If the scope is permanently mounted then I guess it would be ok, but few are. An un-necessary accessory on the back of Skywatcher newts imho.
Old 15-10-2018, 07:35 AM
nsavage (Nick)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
It depends on the scope design, in the case of newts, if you like to stand it up on the rear cell they do not make sense. My old MN190 also had recessed Allen keys and screws, and I had purchased a set of Bob's Knobs but never installed them as I store the scope standing on the rear ring and the knobs would prevent that. If the scope is permanently mounted then I guess it would be ok, but few are. An un-necessary accessory on the back of Skywatcher newts imho.
I’m happy with the ones I put on the back of my 200p as well however I don’t store it standing up. I do understand how it would not suit someone who stores their OTA standing up though.

I assume that the incoming 200pds has the knobs based on what I have seen. If not I will buy a set for the rear as well.
Old 15-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Stonius (Markus)

I get them on every scope. I hate fussing with allen keys in the dark, and when you drop them, those little suckers make like a stick insect and blend in to the grass like you wouldn't believe.

Bob's knobs. They're good.

Markus