Old 03-01-2006, 03:29 PM
Merlin66 (Ken)

Starlight MX7C

Anyone on the forum using a SE MX7C camera? I'm interested in one and would appreciate user feedback? I see it's fitted with a 42mm internal thread, how do you go with adaptors to 1 1/4 and /or 2". (All my stuff is designed for the OM-1 bodies.)
Any comment welcome.
Old 04-01-2006, 05:51 AM
iceman (Mike)
Sir Post a Lot!

I think Louie (atalas) or Striker has/had one of these.. They might not have seen this thread, it might be worth sending them a PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:56 AM
geckooptical
Always looking up........

Pentax cameras and earlier cameras had screw on lenses

Try the Photographic Markets that occur in Camberwell. Pentax cameras and earliers camera had screw on lenses other than bayonet. I'm also on the look out for screw on lenses, and extenders. On another note you will find that the MEADE Flip Mirror doesn't fit the open screw end of your Starlight Express.

Michael

Last edited by geckooptical; 04-01-2006 at 10:16 AM.
Old 07-01-2006, 06:13 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

I've got the Meade 1/1/4" Flip mirror set up and the short adaptor appears to fit my T rings which I believe are 42mm thread????

Lumicon are selling 1 1/4 to T thread adaptors which should allow the MX camera to be mounted on the telescope? AVA also have an adaptor, T thread to C thread and a collection of C thread to standard lenses ie to allow the MX to be mounted on say an Olympus 200mm telelens.

Do you agree with the above? What do you use to connect your MX5???
Interested to compare notes.
Old 07-01-2006, 10:10 AM
Striker (Tony)
Whats visual Astronomy

I dont have a Starlight...Louie is only Forum member that I know who has a starlight but he has the Starlight SXV-H9C.

He may be able to help though.
Old 08-01-2006, 06:49 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

T-mounts v's M42 threads

Finally figured it out. The normal T ring adaptors are the TAMRON version of a 42mm thread to allow their lenses to fit all cameras. This has become the defacto standard for lens adaptors and is used on most of the astronomical photographic adaptors ie Meade flip mirror etc.

The M42 thread is the original PENTAX camera/ lens thread. So, like any other camera you need a T-ring to M42 adaptor!!.

Confusion was the thread diameter which are similar, but the thread pitch is completely different. The Starlight camera's use the M42 thread NOT the T-mount thread.