Old 30-03-2008, 06:41 PM
zipdrive (Dave)

sweet camera Eric!! l'll be waiting for your next image...
Old 30-03-2008, 07:45 PM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

Quote:
Originally Posted by skwinty View Post
Hi Doug
This is what I am saying.
When you use live view, mirror lock up is enabled, otherwise the live view function is disabled.
I've never felt the need to use the mirror lock up option. I suppose it will depend on how secure your mount is. I think the tiny amount of vibration from the mirror going up in a 300sec exposure would be less than the variation in seeing that I get anyway.
I worry about using the live view option immediately before I start a shot anyway. Canon warns that it it will heat up with live view and I try to limit the amount of extra heat that is being generated in the camera.
Imaging last night at ~6degC sure had less noise than earlier in the year.
Old 30-03-2008, 08:40 PM
leon

Have to agree with you Terry, the less that is happening inside the camera at any time during an image run is a bonus,

Leon
Old 31-03-2008, 02:05 AM
skwinty (Steve)
E pur si muove

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry B View Post
I've never felt the need to use the mirror lock up option. I suppose it will depend on how secure your mount is. I think the tiny amount of vibration from the mirror going up in a 300sec exposure would be less than the variation in seeing that I get anyway.
I worry about using the live view option immediately before I start a shot anyway. Canon warns that it it will heat up with live view and I try to limit the amount of extra heat that is being generated in the camera.
Imaging last night at ~6degC sure had less noise than earlier in the year.
My experience with live view is that once the integration starts, the live view function is disabled. ie, the lcd screen blanks out so I suppose the issue is one of vibration.My thoughts on this are
1.My eq6 is loaded to the hilt with a 12" newtonian.
2.I am not guiding therefore my exposure times are limited to less than a minute also because I am not drift aligning until I get a reticule eyepiece (hopefully it will arrive from MyAstro soon)
3.I am having to make multiple exposures so I try and avoid the extra vibration for each exposure. The seeing and wind also play a role and so far out of every 20 exposures at least 3 to 5 are rejected.
4.Any residual heat inside the camera that accumulates during the interval between exposures is more than drowned out by light pollution.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:59 PM
Matty P (Matt)
Star Struck

That is one nice camera Eric. Congrats.

Looking forward to your next images.