Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 13-01-2020, 08:56 PM
Hans Tucker (Hans)

Sirius Observatories

Forgive me … I must have been on Mars .. in a cave … under a rock .. with my fingers in my ears and my eyes closed. I thought Sirius Observatories had folded. Astronomy 2020 lead me to MSATT website which in turn lead me to their Facebook page which had a very recent post from Sirius Observatories.
Old 15-01-2020, 06:33 AM
billdan (Bill)

This is a copy from IIS archives.

OwenSirius
17-08-2017, 07:40 PM
Hi everyone, I'd like to announce that Sirius Observatories are back. I have been working with Colin at Astrodomes and was taking over his business when we read this very forum post. We went down to see John and Joe to find out if there was enough market for us to carry on. John and Joe gave us some great advice and mentioned that the moulds were for sale.

I mulled it over but didn't want the financial risk. When an Australian buyer couldn't be found and it looked like they might be sold over seas I managed to convince my wife to allow us to take the risk.

We're working with a very talented composite technician to make sure that the observatories are built to the same quality and specification as Joe and John had been.

So we are up and running now and the new website is over at http://siriusdomes.com siriusdomes.com (http://siriusdomes.com)

We're also manufacturing the Astrodomes and happy to talk to people about these if they would like any more information. www.astrodomes.com

Hope to see some of you at AstroFest this weekend.