Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Software and Computers
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-11-2019, 07:52 AM
Astronut07 (Ben)

SGPro guiding control

Hi all

I have tried searching forums for some solutions but can’t seem to find any information
I have purchased SGPro & have used it semi successfully for a while now.
The main problem I have is that once I have connected to my mount & then SGpro plate solves to area I want to image, the guiding does not function correctly.
What occurs is that PHD2 starts up & tries to calibrate on Star but connection seems not to function correctly.
So I then shut down profile in SGpro & open new profile that does not include PHD2 guiding.
I then run PHD2 independent of SGpro.
I would like to use SGPRO to its fullest but I cannot seem to sort this issue out.

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Cheers

Ben
Old 09-11-2019, 12:05 PM
ChrisV (Chris)

You might need to put up more detail.

One question - have you opened phd2 before starting a sequence, or do you let sgpro start up phd2? I've had trouble with the first.
Old 09-11-2019, 12:37 PM
Astronut07 (Ben)

Hi Chris

So I have a Az-Eq6 Mount & control it via computer with usb converter

I normally run SGPRO first & once item plate sloved I then try automating sequence but once PHD2 tries to control mount for star calibration that is when it fails

Cheers

Ben
Old 10-11-2019, 05:20 PM
chuckywiz (Ben)

Only open up sgpro. Let it open up everything else it needs. Its a bit buggy and needs to do things its way.

Ie: Dont connect anything just start your sequence. Mine flips out if i connect anything first and usually my autofocus wont connect. When i let it do it all itself i have no issues

2) dont open up phd2. Let sgpro do it. Or at least open it. Clear the calibration then close it again. Let sgpro open it.

Somewhere in sgpro is a settle time for guiding. If your gunna calibrate all the time crank that time up so your sequence doesnt stop

Regards
Ben
Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Bart
Don't have a cow, Man!

Have you enabled the server in PHD2?

PHD2 Server
PHD2 supports third-party imaging and automation applications that need to control the guiding process. Sequence Generator Pro is probably the most popular of these but there are numerous others. By using the PHD2 server process, image capture programs can control dithering between exposures or suspend guide exposures while the primary imaging camera is downloading data. To use these capabilities with a compatible application, you should click on the 'Enable Server' option under the 'Tools' menu. The PHD2 server interface is quite extensive, and it's possible for an application to control most aspects of PHD2's guiding operations. Documentation for the server API is available on the PHD2 Wiki.

https://openphdguiding.org/man-dev/Tools.htm
Old 11-11-2019, 12:29 PM
Astronut07 (Ben)

Ben & Bart

Thanks for information guys
I will definitely give it a try hopefully tonight & see how things go

Cheers
Old 12-11-2019, 07:03 AM
The_bluester (Paul)

Are you using ST4 or pulse guiding? If you are pulse guiding and PHD is connected to the mount you don't need to calibrate it all the time either.

You calibrate once near the equator manually then select "Auto restore calibration" in the guiding tab of the advanced setup dialog, after that you only need to recalibrate if you change something in the setup, like altering the angle of the guide camera.
Old 12-11-2019, 12:11 PM
Astronut07 (Ben)

Hi Paul

I will check that out also

Thank you