Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Old 18-07-2018, 06:31 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

EOI: North Group Triplet ED127 f/7.5 $900

I'm looking at maybe purchasing an Esprit 100mm in the future. Only thing stopping me atm is the funds. Dipping my toe to test the water currently.

Most, if not all my images from the past year has been from this telescope. Just have a browse through my astrobin or iceinspace history to view some pictures taken with it. I've used numerous cameras with it and all have amazed me!

North Group ED127 is a triplet ED refractor that performs extremely well for the price. It's comparable to the Explore Scientific 127ED as they are made in the same factory. One downside is the focuser. I have both the stock focuser and the upgraded imaging focuser, both are in my opinion should not be used. This is not to say the imaging focuser doesn't work. It just isn't optimal.

It does have a bit of CA but this isn't too much an issue if you are using mono camera. simply refocus when doing your blue filter.

This telescope also has relatively flat field that isn't noticeable until you do a 100% zoom inspection. I do however have a SCA Flattener from hotech but I purchased it more to remove any tilt in my imaging train than to correct the field curvature.

There are also cosmetic scratches on the body paint due to the rings and dove tail mounting (does not affect performance at all as youd expect) but PRISTINE optical conditions.

I bought this scope at a budget price of $1000 delivered. I'll pass the savings along and price this at $900 pick up as I currently don't have the time to arrange postage for such a large and cumbersome item.

The scope comes included with:
1. Scope itself with stock rings and dovetail
2. Illuminated Finderscope (out of battery)
3. 2" 99% Reflective Diagonal
4. VERY solid dedicated hard case with enough space for accessories as well.
5. 3D printed Bahtinov mask that fits perfectly at the end of the dew shield.
6. MAYBE I'll include my SCA flattener but theres a good chance I'll keep it for my ED80

Thanks
Tony

Will post images if theres some interest.

I'll be at QLD astrofest next month for the last 4 days if anyone wanted to come by and see it in action!

Last edited by that_guy; 23-08-2018 at 06:26 PM.
Old 20-07-2018, 01:12 PM
Giritboy

Hi could you please give me the link of images captured by this scope. I am interested. Regards
Old 20-07-2018, 01:53 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Here's a link to my astrobin account.

Heres some recent photo threads that i havent had the opportunity to upload to astrobin
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=167890
http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=168453
Old 20-07-2018, 04:10 PM
Giritboy

Hi, thank you for the link. I will pass. Didn’t realise you are located at Gold Coast.
Old 22-08-2018, 06:44 AM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

bbump