Go Back   IceInSpace > Beginners Start Here > Beginners Talk
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2021, 05:40 PM
TBA (Shaun)

Hi From Kenmore (Brisbane)

Hi All,

New to IIS.... been reading through the forums for a week or so, but this is my first post.

Looking to get into astrophotography - I have had a few attempts but wanting to get much better - will post a couple of my pictures in the "Beginners Astrophotograpy" forum shortly.... I was pretty happy with them until I saw what the rest of you have uploaded....

Currently using a 10" dob, and am very keen to acquire an equatorial mount so I can perform longer exposures. I just use a Nikon D7000 at this stage.

Will post another thread in "Beginners Equipment" as I am very keen to know if anyone has successfully converted a collapsible 10" scope on dob base to an equatorial mount.

Anyway, thanks for having me on board!
Old 02-02-2021, 06:37 PM
Rerouter (Ryan)

If you can remove the collapsable newtonion from the base and stick it on rings, then you can put it on an equitorial mount, just for its size, looks to be fairly heavy

A rotator might be a cheaper option if your happy with the tracking of the dobsoinion, provided its tracking reliably, then the only issue would be feild rotation.
Old 03-02-2021, 05:01 PM
TBA (Shaun)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rerouter View Post
A rotator might be a cheaper option if your happy with the tracking of the dobsoinion.
Thanks for the tip Ryan - I will look into a rotator. I didn't know such a thing existing for dobs.