Old 14-06-2008, 10:56 AM
Babalyon 5

40d wont connect.

Howdy. Im trying to connect my 40d to my computer. I have installed all the software on the disc as suggested but when I connect it makes a connection sound and brings up a window with options to transfer, photoshop, etc., however, when I select an option, it is unable to connect to camera, check connections and try again?? It did work very well the other night when I tried it after I first installed the software but will fail in this manner every time since. Does it install as a usb 2 high speed device and show up in "safely remove hardware"?
I gotta just be doing something wrong, surely!!
Old 14-06-2008, 11:27 AM
[1ponders] (Paul)
Retired, damn no pension

I have trouble sometimes connecting a 400D to my laptop. It keeps coming up as a USB1 connection for some reason. Could this also be happening to you? Do you get a "This USB Connection can run faster blah blah" come up in the task bar when you connect and turn on?
Old 14-06-2008, 12:04 PM
Terry B
Country living & viewing

Put the install disc back in the computer and go to the advanced setting. Make it install "EOS Utility"
It doesn't install by default. The camera will then connect hopefully.
I had it lose the connection after my camera was fixed but re-installation fixed the problem.