Old 17-09-2020, 09:37 AM
UBoat
PeterO

PushTo Star Adventurer

For several years I’ve been using a PushTo App for my Star Adventurer based on a couple of accelerometers linked by Bluetooth to a mobile phone. The DEC adjustment is faster than the RA adjustment as the push button slews are awkward. Using the x12 switch with the NS switch is much better but still needs a bit of dexterity. Can anyone tell me if the new Star Adventurer Pro2i allows the x12 speed to be controlled from the phone?

Last edited by UBoat; 17-09-2020 at 01:37 PM.
Old 18-09-2020, 02:14 PM
UBoat
PeterO

Not much success getting an answer on this question so I bit the bullet, wired up a switch for the ST4 guide port, and confirmed that the angular speed increases 50% from 15arc minutes per minute to 22.5 arc minutes per minute. And of course drops 50% to 7.5 arc minutes per minute so the earths rotation can take over for the negative direction control. Not the three degrees per minute (x12 speed) I was hoping for.

That leaves the question what is the speed of the manual control on the Star Explorer Pro 2i when using a phone to control the local hour angle?

Hope some-one knows? Cheers, PeterO

Last edited by UBoat; 18-09-2020 at 11:13 PM.