Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > DIY Observatories

Old 27-09-2018, 08:26 PM
Trekrider (Barry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wavytone View Post
Hi Barry,

... was there any consideration as to how the block of concrete was to be removed ? Looks like a PITA for a future owner who doesn't want a shed there...
My plan is to leave here in a wooden box so that's not my problem - it certainly would be for whoever comes along next
Old 27-09-2018, 08:28 PM
Trekrider (Barry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by glend View Post
A shed like that is pretty easy to dismantle. What are the building regulations for it in WA? In NSW, if it is small enough council permission is not required, but it will not show up on your lot plan if your trying to sell later with it in place. Re the concrete, my footing is there till the next ice age gouges it out. I figure it could be a bird bath base.
The shed is well within council guidelines so doesn't need planning permission - I did check. Yep, I suspect the same is true for my base
Old 28-09-2018, 06:01 AM
Lee
Colour is over-rated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekrider View Post
I have to confess i haven't done anything with the exposed ply so far - every time I look at it I tell myself that I must but life just seems to get in the way I really must though.
I know the feeling! I'm covering all exposed ends/edges of ply with aluminium channel or angle and polyurethane glue. Areas treated this way 11 years ago are still pristine, where any edge exposed to the elements, painted or not was completely destroyed.....