Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Solar System

Old 19-07-2017, 03:08 PM
Quark (Trevor)

Juno pj07 grs rgb

Have been entertaining myself this morning playing with JUNO raw data of the GRS captured during PJ07 which I downloaded from Mission JUNO. Certainly different from processing an image with 30,000 frames stacked, this required a much gentler touch.

Pretty amazing detail from such a close pass of the spacecraft. To end up with a file I could post here I have halved the image size reduced the quality and saved as a JPG.

Have attached a 2nd false colour version also which provides a quite different perspective.

Regards
Trevor
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (JUNOGRSPJ07_03resamp.jpg)
149.4 KB69 views
Click for full-size image (JUNOGRSPJ07_02resam.jpg)
163.2 KB68 views
Old 22-07-2017, 09:38 AM
Stefan Buda

Hi Trevor,

You did a good job with the post processing but I don't think you used the raw data. Please note that the spherically projected images available have lower resolution than the scrambled ones, that are also included in the image sets.
I had a bit of a play too and concluded that I just don't have the time and the software needed for unscrambling the raw data. Main problem is that the various colour strips have very little overlap and that makes stitching them together very difficult. I think one needs some software that can align the strips using the fiducial marks. Any ideas, anyone?

Stefan