Old 11-06-2010, 03:33 PM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

How do I set TEC temp on QHY8 Pro?

Been playing around in Neb with my newly-acquired 8Pro (Thanks Doug!).

I have the latest 5.5 Ascom, latest QHYCCD Ascom driver and QHY8Pro 64 driver, downloaded and installed today. Using Neb 2.2.3. All works fine.

I have been unable to locate any form of manual specifically for the QHY8Pro. I tried Help in Neb and nothing there, too. I can use either the ASCOM or QHY8PRO-specific cameras in Neb. I prefer to use the specific option, as it has a couple more control options and recognises the correct pixel size, etc. CCD temp readout shows about -23.4 this afternoon, but varying a little.

I have set the Neb preferences CCD point to -10 as a trial, but it is ignored by the TEC.

How do I go about setting a specific temp for the TEC to maintain, as everyone's been going on about the .1C temp regulation? Just curious as to how it's done.

Cheers,
Old 11-06-2010, 05:36 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Hi Mike I always used the QHY9 temp control in Nebulosity or the preference page temp setpoint. The QHY9 setter is in the view menu of Nebulosity2.
I cannot remember where the TEC enable button is but think it is on the QHY9 control. I think the default startup is 100% on. Make sure it is turned on. Also make sure your cables are not all curled up as you seem to get some induced effects on curled up cables.
Old 11-06-2010, 05:46 PM
mldee (Mike)
Photon sorter

Thanks Doug, I thought you may be at work, so I just made a general post. I have TEC on and -10 set in prefs, it's actually sitting around -9.4 on Neb at the moment. Doesn't worry me, I was just curious. You were using 'QHY9' in your reply, not sure if you were just confused, but I did a quick QHY9 temp adjust as I typed, and sure enough, it's on its way to 15, and magically the new set point in prefs has changed to -15 too!

It has stopped at -16.9 and is returning towards 15, so all seems under control.

It seemed to have a mind of its own earlier this afternoon, but seems pretty sensible now. far in excess of my abilities anyway

Cheers,