Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 3.00 average.
Old 07-05-2017, 07:01 PM
arkle (Steve)

Adelaide: Celestron 9.25 XLT with sturdy mount, smooth RA drive and accessories

Greetings from Bridgewater,

I had a gorgeous C8 a few years ago but decided to sell it for personal reasons.

My main interests are local and deep sky photography. You can see some of my amateur attempts here

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=e94eaa3fca

I am looking to buy the slightly larger 9.25" aperture version, preferably with the Starbright XLT lens coatings.

My main requirements (other than the telescope having been molly-coddled throughout its life) are a very sturdy EQ mount, preferably with a polar alignment mechanism, a relatively smooth RA drive, and a collection of reasonable quality eye pieces ranging from 10mm to 50mm.

The modern fad of automatic GPS slewing would be nice but is not a deal breaker, though a decent carry case for the telescope tube would be very handy.

If you have such an instrument for sale please contact Steve on 0422 273507 or reply to me via the IceInSpace forum.

Regards, clop

Last edited by arkle; 07-05-2017 at 07:20 PM.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:46 AM
arkle (Steve)

I'd accept a sale from anywhere in Australia, as long as the packaging is good enough to protect the instrument?

Regards,

clop
Old 12-05-2017, 06:15 PM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Just a quick heads up mate. There is a setup close to what you are after in the classifieds today. It is near you at Bridgewater. Cheers, Richard.

Last edited by croweater; 12-05-2017 at 06:17 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 22-05-2017, 03:27 PM
arkle (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Just a quick heads up mate. There is a setup close to what you are after in the classifieds today. It is near you at Bridgewater. Cheers, Richard.
Thanks Richard. I searched for a while but couldn't find the equipment you were referring to in the classified forum. Was it definitely Bridgewater SA and not Bridgewater TAS?

Do you have a link?

Thanks and regards,

Steve
Old 22-05-2017, 03:55 PM
croweater (Richard)
Don't Panic!

Sorry Steve. I dont know what happened there. Maybe I was confused with this [URL="http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=156634"] Was in classifieds 12/5/17 so is right date.Is still there for $3000. Cheers Richard ps sorry I cant get link to work

Last edited by croweater; 22-05-2017 at 04:50 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 23-05-2017, 08:45 AM
arkle (Steve)

Quote:
Originally Posted by croweater View Post
Sorry Steve. I dont know what happened there. Maybe I was confused with this [URL="http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=156634"] Was in classifieds 12/5/17 so is right date.Is still there for $3000. Cheers Richard ps sorry I cant get link to work
Thanks Richard. It would have been a good choice with a protection case, but Brisbane is a little far away.

Steve