Go Back   IceInSpace > General Astronomy > General Chat

Old 16-09-2017, 10:35 PM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

In search of NZ 5 cent pieces

I am starting this thread on behalf of my children who are participating in a scavenger/treasure hunt.

They have a list of items that they have a short period of time (about 20 days remaining) to find to earn points toward a larger prize. The more things they find on the list the better.

Most of the things can be found around the states but a few items that are more difficult are on the list for more points and are really meant as tie-breakers should more than one hunter arrive at the same number of items or total points.

I know little about their quest except that they are searching for New Zealand 5 cent coins with the Queen on one side and a Tuatara on the other and that it needs to be quick.

If anyone has one or more laying around and is willing to send them to me please PM me. I will be happy to reciprocate by sending you something of similar value and reimbursement for shipping. I would be thrilled to have extras beyond their needs as they could then trade with their peers for other missing items locally.

I am trying to earn some "good Dad" points by posting this here on the off-chance that some one can help.

If I am being "pranked" by my children with this quest (and that is possible) please discreetly let me know that I am being played by them...

Thanks in advance for your help and consideration!
Old 17-09-2017, 03:56 AM
ZeroID (Brent)
Lost in Space ....

Hey Scott, found two of the critters in the bottom of a drawer. Give me an address and whether or not you are being pranked you can earn some good Dad points.
Old 17-09-2017, 06:24 AM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

Thanks a bunch! That is great and very helpful. I sent you a PM
Old 01-10-2017, 03:02 AM
wavelandscott (Scott)
Plays well with others!

A quick shoutout of thanks to Brent who really helped me on this quest!

His help generated many "Dad Points" with my kids as well as generating some much needed (after one too many Astro gear purchases) spouse points too.

You have generated a lot of good karma with you gesture Brent...many many thanks!