Old 21-09-2015, 09:48 PM
75BC (Brendon)
Always in the dark.

Hi from WA

Just wanted to introduce myself. Thought it was about time as I've been a member for a little while. Been a viewer for a bit longer. I wouldn't say I'm a beginner but I'm not that experienced either. I've been interested in astronomy since I was about 10, when Halley's Comet came around. In my teenage years I lived about 2hrs north of Perth where we had the most beautiful clear, dark skies. I had a good pair of 10 x 50 binoculars (used to view Halley's comet), and a crap little department store refractor. I now live in the outer northern suburbs of Perth and have had a 10" Skywatcher Dob for the past ten years. A couple of months ago I splashed out in a big way and bought a CPC 1100 GPS XLT. This site is where I did much of my research. And of course since then it's been cloudy nearly every weekend. Sorry guys and girls. Well I don't want to ramble more than I have. I look forward to being part of the community, asking questions, and maybe even passing on some of my limited knowledge.
Old 21-09-2015, 09:56 PM
Somnium (Aidan)
Aidan

Welcome Brendon
Old 22-09-2015, 09:44 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

And from me as well , another Perthite , nice scope you have there .
There is a group just starting up that meet in Gingin , I missed the first one due to work. , but it went well I hear. , look into coming to the next one.

Brian.
Old 22-09-2015, 04:22 PM
75BC (Brendon)
Always in the dark.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Thank you Brian, I think it's a very nice scope. In fact this is my dream scope. I still can't believe my wife agreed I should buy it. Although it would be better if the clouds would clear so I could get it outside. I don't get a lot of time to invest in this hobby, so when i get the time and the Gods don't cooperate it can be frustrating. As you all would know.

I did read about the group starting up at Gingin and was interested to see if it would become something more than a one off. I've had some family issues that would prevent me from coming recently, but things are looking up now and would be interested in future meets.
Old 25-09-2015, 09:58 AM
brian nordstrom (As avatar)

Brendon I have spoken to Sara and the next star gazing night is 17th october you are more than welcome to come
Brian.
Old 25-09-2015, 02:28 PM
75BC (Brendon)
Always in the dark.

That sounds good Brian. Sara sounds very welcoming also. Will definitely confirm closer to the date if I can come. It's a great spot for me to get to, being not that far. And should be nice and dark too. I lived near there, but closer to the coast at Woodridge about 25 years ago and boy did it get dark there back then. You could just see a little bubble of Perth's glow on the horizon.