Old 02-04-2011, 01:15 AM
bloodhound31

Messin' around with DIY lighting at home a few months ago...

Then on a walk, set the camera, instructed my wife how to shoot it, then after a few shots remembered to tell her to turn the flash on....
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (TheDarkSide.jpg)
140.0 KB93 views
Click for full-size image (RedRocksBazBlackberries.jpg)
167.8 KB120 views
Click for full-size image (RedRocksBaz.jpg)
168.4 KB106 views
Old 02-04-2011, 03:17 PM
shelltree (Shelley)
Stargazer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzy View Post
Hi Shell, I love the fun of the first pic and that second one is just gorgeous, and that beautiful scenery in the background is stunning. That knitted thingy on your head suits you so well. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Suzy, that beanie is the best thing ever, it kept me so warm!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman View Post
From the expression on both your faces it looks like you both have just found the smudge mark on the lens that you have been looking for !!!!
Great second shot as well!
Bartman
I think if I found a smudge on my lens my face would be a combination of something like this
Old 02-04-2011, 04:00 PM
steve000 (Steve)
just a bit obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric View Post
Thought I might update the thread with one of me trying to stop the farm turning into a jungle.

Taken during a break in the rain, at the moment it has become my weekend hobby along with the brushcutter.

Cheers
HAHAHHAH Ric, i know the feelin. I just posted a video of me getting my observatory, take a look at the grass (im also in some shots 2) I only mowed that 2 weeks ago! as soon as the obs was off the truck i was back into it on the mower.. till i plowed into a stump and bent the steering linkage and ripped off the ball joint! thats life i guess. thread here http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...492#post705492
Old 02-04-2011, 04:27 PM
Screwdriverone (Chris)
I have detailed files....

Nice pics Baz,

Lighting in the first one gives it some impact.

Although, it seems you have inadvertantly taken shots of Mark Webber and Bear Grylls!

Cheers

Chris
Old 03-04-2011, 05:30 AM
Gem (Grant)
The serenity...

Barry - good to see you kept the DPCU's! I wish I still had mine...
Old 03-04-2011, 05:14 PM
that_guy (Tony)
Local Korean Millennial

Just me chilling with the crew
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (forgotten member copy.jpg)
118.1 KB115 views

Last edited by that_guy; 11-04-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:25 PM
jjjnettie (Jeanette)

classic Tony.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:32 PM
kinetic (Steve)
ATMer and Saganist

ROFL nice work Tony

Last edited by kinetic; 03-04-2011 at 08:17 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 05:35 PM
DavidU (Dave)
Like to learn

Lol
Old 03-04-2011, 05:57 PM
bloodhound31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriverone View Post
Nice pics Baz,

Lighting in the first one gives it some impact.

Although, it seems you have inadvertantly taken shots of Mark Webber and Bear Grylls!

Cheers

Chris
I would be rich if I got royalties everytime someone compared me with Bear Grilles....dunno whether to be flattered or annoyed....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem View Post
Barry - good to see you kept the DPCU's! I wish I still had mine...
I kept one cam shirt and a pair of boots. Shirt can no - longer be buttoned up as I have put on weight and the boots are getting very worn now.
Old 03-04-2011, 06:50 PM
shelltree (Shelley)
Stargazer

Bahahaha! Nice work Tony!
Old 05-04-2011, 10:55 AM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Geez Baz

For a second I thought you had some hi tech gattling gun on your back

Then I realised it was your tripod.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:59 AM
bartman (Bart)
1 of 7 of 9

Quote:
Geez Baz

Too True!!!!!
Bartman
Old 06-04-2011, 11:53 PM
bloodhound31

Quote:
Geez Baz

LOL!! Many a twilight jogger has taken a detour around me as I walk out of the bush cradling my tripod in my arms with the top leg extended to barrel length...

I want to protect my gear from mugging, but can't carry a gun... but at least I can look the part...
Old 09-04-2011, 08:22 PM
-Josh-
Skywalker

This is actually my first post here Photo was taken a few months ago when my fiance and I went to a friends wedding.

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/518/happympq.jpg
Old 10-04-2011, 12:21 AM
Screwdriverone (Chris)

Hi All,

I thought I had already posted a pic here, but it seems I haven't after all....

Here is a pic that was taken at Werribee Mansion's Island during my ill fated trip down the Great Ocean Road with my wife in April 2010, but that is another story.....

Cheers

Chris
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_2865a.JPG)
139.1 KB134 views
Old 10-04-2011, 01:05 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

*touches screen*

So, what happened on the trip?

H
Old 10-04-2011, 01:43 AM
Screwdriverone (Chris)

Well, in a nutshell....

My 40th birthday, long awaited trip down the Great Ocean Road....with my wife, who has always wanted to see the 12 apostles.

Day 1, Werribee Mansion.... tour, lunch, all good, bit of rain, OK.
Night 1, lunch steak irritated broken molar, spent 4-5 hours wandering the mansion with heat pack smooshed against my face, sucking hot coffee and ice cold water to try and ease the pain. Total sleep 1/2 hour.

Day 2, Made it as far as Geelong, head in hands in agony, wife pulls off the freeway, finds dentist on offramp (lucky), plead with Dentist to rip out tooth. Dentist declines as he is too busy. Tears in eyes help change his mind. Rip out tooth with pliers....mmmm, painful.... relief comes with corresponding VERY strong drugs....Spent 6 more hours taking photos and dragging along behind EVERY caravan and RV in Australia to get to Port Campbell in time for sunset. JUST make it, walk in teeming rain to viewing platform (just like Shelley's shot) but temp in April is 5 degrees and wind is 80km/h. Took a handful of sunset shots. CRAP.
Night 2, Flight centre has booked Port FAIRY not Port Campbell for Motel. Have to drive 1.5 hours in pouring rain dodging road trains on our side of the road, aquaplaning over sheet water and almost killing 3 dogs running down our side of the road at 100km/h. Motel is crap, restaurant is closed for private function, dinner at fish and chip shop, closes while we are eating...kicked out, go back sleep in stinky room.

Day 3, drive back to 12 Apostles, take photos, visit other sites, not bad....drive to Ballaarat, tour Sovereign Hill, eat crap food, find gold specks in tourist creek = impress wife, nice hotel in SH, Ghost Tour for dinner and walk through freezing town for 2 hours, see NO GHOSTS in most HAUNTED city in AUS, disappointed.

Day 4, Decide to look for more gold in tourist creek in SH, change mind to drive to Dunnolly to search for REAL gold, follow GPS through stupid country roads, head through Clunes, drive along road into town and.......GET T-BONED at a cross street which has no Give WAY sign visible. Rental Car is a right off, wife is in EXTREME PAIN (she was driving and car hit us on her side), she is trapped in car for an hour while fireys rip door off. Ambulance to Ballaarat hospital, 30mg morphine, XRAY, CT, no idea why she has such severe chest pain. Discharged at 4pm, we need to catch 530pm flight home, in Ballaarat, no car, its toast....

Cab to train station via chemist for pain killers for wife, choice, train to somewhere NEAR airport or bus TO airport, go for bus, $140...!!!
Missed our 530 flight. Get to airport at 745pm. Hand GPS to rental car company (no car, no keys). Get charged $4500 excess and other bull**** charges. Wife's pain killers wearing off....

815pm, head into terminal, Virgin flights full, Qantas full (Anzac Day Monday holiday) head to Jetstar...YES, they have 2 seats left to Sydney.... Wife says " OH thank god, I had a car accident today and have just been released from hospital...." Jetstar wench says: " Do you have a certificate to FLY????" Oh CRAP!. Look in envelope from hospital, only doctors referral, no CTF! Go to ring Hospital, Blackberry dead. Wife phone has not much credit, Jetstar hasnt got a working fax, flight boards in 15 mins, no ticket, no CTF, head back to Qantas desk for fax number, gay attendant says speak to the hand, I am on the phone....I almost rip his head off and get fax number, ring hospital, told Dr has gone home, cant help, I threaten to take a taxi to hospital and ram something down their throat, demand to speak to registrar, fax arrives 30 sec later. RUN back to Jetstar desk 400m away, wife has booked tickets, bags on plane, fax in hand 5 mins before flight is wheels up. RUN to plane, wife is in AGONY. Make flight, pressure kills her chest, plane almost returns to Melbourne as attendants concerned she will die....I talk them out of it. Get to Sydney, get car from long term, drive home, arrive at 1am.

Jet Star flights cost $700, Car excess $4500, train/cab $200, holiday for 4 days $2000. Total $7,400.....AND, my wife has a fractured sternum, takes her 7 months to recover, after she develops whooping cough from work 2 weeks later.

So, in a nutshell that takes 2 pages to describe in brief, we will NEVER be going to Victoria EVER again......only consolation is we took travel insurance, which covered the car and the extra expenses, refunded after 2 months of buggerising around.....

Sorry you asked now H?

Cheers

Chris
Old 10-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Octane (Humayun)
IIS Member #671

Epic post is epic.

It's almost as if the Universe conspired against you two!

Sorry to hear of all the bad that happened.

Something's just happened here -- I got awoken by a guy running and yelling on the street he was going to kill someone. Not two minutes later, the street is full of police cars. And, I can hear constant sobbing. It sounds like the guy carried through with his intention... eek.

H
Old 10-04-2011, 12:07 PM
jjjnettie (Jeanette)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriverone View Post
Hi All,

I thought I had already posted a pic here, but it seems I haven't after all....

Cheers

Chris
Swoons just a little bit..... we girls on IIS are so lucky.

Your trip sounds like a script for a National Lampoons movie. Thank goodness for holiday insurance. Smart move.

H, when are you going to post your photo?