Old 18-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Poita (Peter)

sCMOS... anyone know anything about it?

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, so only just found out about this:
http://www.scmos.com/

Rock Mallin is making a planetary/solar imager based on this tech, I'm wondering if anyone has any info on the sensor tech?
Old 19-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Poita (Peter)

It looks like interesting tech, every few months someone seems to have 'solved the CMOS problem' and I keep getting my hopes up only to have them dashed again, but I'm hopeful that this time it might be the case.
Old 19-10-2012, 09:05 PM
Troy

Hi Peter, I can't really help you here. But as you have said, it sure does look interesting. All the ones that I have seen on the market have excellent read noise, dynamic range etc...
but I would like to see the QE level a bit higher than 60 though 8-) . For me that's where all the newer cmos sensors are still lacking compared to the ccd sensors currently on the market 8-).

The camera manufactures have a wide choice now when it comes to the sensors and will be interesting to see which ones they choose.

We just need more people to write the software that suits our type of imaging, poor Torsten, he must be so busy

Cheers

Troy