Old 23-07-2019, 07:03 PM
Kuz

12volt power for new 6 pro

Might be a stupid question but will a power tech lithium battery tank 42000 mAh have enough power to run a skywatcher neq6 pro . I will also be running a zwo 290 pro ,290 mini guide camera and zwo asi air at the same time
Old 25-07-2019, 10:29 AM
Icearcher (Chris)

I dont think you will have any issues.

I use the same one to run a laptop, dslr and guide camera and I can get up to about 4 hours out of it, my laptops a bit of a power hog too.

It looks like you would need about 30watts max for the mount, 15watts for the ASIair, if its a cooled camera then you will need another 40watts there. Worst case, you will get about two hours or so run time from the 155wh battery but in reality you will get more as the equipment wont pull full power all the time.

The battery has 3 12volt outputs and 3 usb outputs so you are covered for connections.

Note that the 240v connector uses a modified sine wave inverter so some equipment wont like it, for example, one of my laptops wont change from it but my other will and my camera battery charge is fine too. If possible, try to use DC as you will have less efficiency losses due to converting from DC to AC then back to DC.

Regards
Chris
Old 27-07-2019, 06:28 PM
Kuz

Thanks chris
Old 28-07-2019, 01:05 AM
Hemi

Hi Kuz,
I have the same Powertech unit. I got it from Jaycar. I used it with a az eq6, the mount is really finicky about voltage drops. I find that the voltage drops quickly with the powertech, when connected with other stuff (intel nuc pc and asi294 cooled) and then the mount behaves erratically. The other thing is that it’s not 42amp hrs at 12v. It’s capacity is actually 155Whours.

Cheers

Hemi
Old 28-07-2019, 07:05 AM
Merlin66 (Ken)

I use a 120w voltage convertor from JayCar 12v to 15v on both my HEQ5 and NEQ6PRO.
Never have any problems with red light flickering.....
Recommended.
Old 28-07-2019, 09:27 AM
Hemi

I would recommend that too. That’s what I’ve done. It was useful for the nuc as well, as drops below 12v, would just crash power off the pc.... a real pain.

Hemi