Go Back   IceInSpace > Equipment > Equipment Discussions

Old 13-09-2018, 07:51 PM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Life is tough with Mach1...

Hi all,

Recently I decided to measure the PE curve for my mount and to upload it to the mount as an experiment. I do not expect a radical improvement in the quality of data, but it is worth trying nonetheless. Attached is a tracking curve with and without PE correction.

BTW, I really like how SGP controls the mount whole night so I can set-up and polar align at dusk, and let SGP initiate the sequence when the target is high enough and do its thing until the morning, while I am having a good night sleep.

How good is that!
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (PEC September.jpg)
121.5 KB122 views
Old 13-09-2018, 08:09 PM
RickS (Rick)
PI cult recruiter

Show off
Old 13-09-2018, 08:23 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Life must be so hard, let me relinquish you of your pain and sorrow Suavi and it can sit with my DDM60 as a brother/sister

I don’t quite have a PE but I tried measuring it a while back on a partly cloudy night, that wasn’t a great idea but it is working within spec; 0.3” over 5 minutes

I totally agree with SGP. I’ve set up 40 panel sequences and it just chugs away at them quite happily. I would just like to be able to set altitude limits as opposed to just time limits, other than that it works well.
Old 13-09-2018, 09:23 PM
miki63au

Very nice Suavi

My CGEM-DX had about 30" ... I think.... that was before I knocked it over with my UTE

I have high hopes of the 11" Byers worm EQ project... will see.

Mick

Last edited by miki63au; 13-09-2018 at 09:57 PM.
Old 15-09-2018, 12:23 PM
strongmanmike (Michael)
Highest Observatory in Oz

Looks good Suavi do you still autoguide? The guide graph must be perfectly flat..?

Mike
Old 15-09-2018, 07:20 PM
Slawomir (Suavi)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickS View Post
Show off
Me, showing off? Just sharing my objective observations and data

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atmos View Post
Life must be so hard, let me relinquish you of your pain and sorrow Suavi and it can sit with my DDM60 as a brother/sister

I don’t quite have a PE but I tried measuring it a while back on a partly cloudy night, that wasn’t a great idea but it is working within spec; 0.3” over 5 minutes

I totally agree with SGP. I’ve set up 40 panel sequences and it just chugs away at them quite happily. I would just like to be able to set altitude limits as opposed to just time limits, other than that it works well.
Your mount must be true joy to use. Yes, SGP is generally reliable but , as with everything, it has a few areas that could be improved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miki63au View Post
Very nice Suavi

My CGEM-DX had about 30" ... I think.... that was before I knocked it over with my UTE

I have high hopes of the 11" Byers worm EQ project... will see.

Mick
Looking forward to seeing the result of your project Mick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongmanmike View Post
Looks good Suavi do you still autoguide? The guide graph must be perfectly flat..?

Mike
I wish My polar alignment is usually not spot on, so there is some drift in DEC plus some slight movements in RA. But with a solid pier, mechanically very rigid telescope and in a permanent obsy I feel it could be done.