Old 07-03-2019, 09:12 AM
DavidK (David)

2" vs 1.25" EPs

[I'm sure this has been asked/answered before, but couldn't locate other similar threads]

On a telescope which supports a 2" VB, what advantages are there in using 2" over 1.25" EPs with identical FL and apparent FOV?
I'm aware of the FL upper limits due to barrel diameter.
In particular, does say a 25mm 1.25" EP use less of the light from a larger scope eg a 10" SCT than a 2" 25mm FL EP would?
Any comments or further explanations welcome!
Old 07-03-2019, 09:35 AM
mental4astro (Alexander)
kids+wife+scopes=happyman

Mate, this is the same question as you asked in another thread that you never bothered to reply to, where this very question you ask here is answered:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=173726

You've never replied to any of the threads you've started. What gives? I KNOW you've looked at the above thread - the who's online page is very telling. Yet you don't reply, and now you ask this question when it has already been answered.

We are all happy to help, but YOU need to do your part too. We've asked questions to you to help us best direct our replies to your situation, but you don't bother to help us help you.

So the answer to your question has already been provided in one of your own threads.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:00 AM
sharpiel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mental4astro View Post
Mate, this is the same question as you asked in another thread that you never bothered to reply to, where this very question you ask here is answered:

http://www.iceinspace.com.au/forum/s...d.php?t=173726

You've never replied to any of the threads you've started. What gives? I KNOW you've looked at the above thread - the who's online page is very telling. Yet you don't reply, and now you ask this question when it has already been answered.

We are all happy to help, but YOU need to do your part too. We've asked questions to you to help us best direct our replies to your situation, but you don't bother to help us help you.

So the answer to your question has already been provided in one of your own threads.
Alex,

My life gets so complicated sometimes I couldn't even start to explain why or how I get my priorities done. Maybe the OP has many paths to walk at the same time...

If I lived on the event horizon of a black hole I still wouldn't have enough time to get everything done...

I don't remember seeing the OOP you listed above but I for one would value your answer though...

Edit: read the link. Thank you.
Old 07-03-2019, 10:41 AM
DavidK (David)

Oops!

The title says it all!
Old 07-03-2019, 11:29 AM
skysurfer
Dark sky rules !

In short the advantages of each:

2":

* Larger TFOV in same scope, maximum if 41mm Panoptic with 68 degrees AFOV
* Results in really awesome views at low power.

1.25"

* Lighter weight and less bulky than the 2" of which some are hand grenades, or even (full) beer cans in size and weight
* Resulting in less balancing problems on some scopes. Even my 40cm Dobson got out of balance when applying a 1kg Ethos 21.
Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

I could not agree more with mental4astro, if you are going to ask questions then you have to take part, people who respond take the time and trouble to help, I should know, M4A has helped me so much as have so many her I always say "thank you" and respond, even if only to say Thank you
Old 07-03-2019, 07:07 PM
Ukastronomer (Jeremy)
Feel free to edit my imag

Someone once said to me if you are fed up looking through a keyhole (1.25) look through the letter box 2"