Old 14-03-2011, 01:09 AM
OzRob (Rob)

Thoughts About Going Remote

Where I live (Thailand) it is unlikely that my equipment will be set up outside until December! Usually the sky is clear most nights between December and into May. Although in April it gets very hot. This year the rain has started already and it doesn’t look like it will improve. Added to that I spend half my time away from home at work.

I have been giving some thought to setting up a remote observatory in Australia. It is not cheap but there are some great advantages. Other than the cost a remote observatory would generate a lot of data. I don’t think I could keep up with it. This has lead me to the idea of possibly sharing an observatory. Has anyone ever shared a remote observatory? Has it worked? I guess I am probably clutching at straws...
Old 15-03-2011, 07:51 PM
OzRob (Rob)

Well 59 views and not one response....lol. I guess it is something that people here have never considered. Never mind.

I am thinking seriously in going in this direction. If anyone is interested I have an option that shared between 3 people would be very economical. Let me know via PM.
Old 16-03-2011, 08:14 AM
cfranks (Charles)

Ron,

It probably depends on what 'economical' means. Let me know if you have more details.

Cheers

Charles
Old 16-03-2011, 02:07 PM
OzRob (Rob)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfranks View Post
Ron,

It probably depends on what 'economical' means. Let me know if you have more details.

Cheers

Charles
You have a PM.
Old 02-04-2011, 11:41 AM
OzRob (Rob)

I just thought I would update this in case anyone found the thread doing a search. I did find a couple of people to share an observatory with and ended up with what I think is a very good deal.

I also came across another option that I thought was very good but the first option was just better for my circumstances. If you are looking for hosting at a good price send me a PM and I will give you some details.