Old 08-09-2016, 04:59 PM
Crushellon (Tim)

New filter set.

Just ordered an new 7x36mm filterwheel for my setup and I'm just wondering if any of the main filter brands have a better reputation than the others. Price for an LRGB set from baader and Astronomik are exactly the same at $550. Also any recommendations for NB filters would be good (admittedly I haven't looked into NB filters at all yet, but it fits into the question so I figured I'd ask)

Thanks, Tim
Old 08-09-2016, 05:07 PM
Atmos (Colin)
Ultimate Noob

Both Baader and Astronomik are good but Astrodon's are considered to be the Ants Pants
Old 08-09-2016, 06:21 PM
glend (Glen)

I decided on the Baader 36mm both for LRGB and Narrowband. I found Teleskop-Express to be very cost effective for the Baader filter sets. For example the 36mm unmounted narrowband three filter set cost 392 euro ($571 aud), and the LRGB set costs 294 euro ($429 aud). If purchased separately, but if you buy all of them as a complete set at the same time they will cost 605 euro ($882 aud). That's a savings of over $100 if you buy them as a complete set.
The sets are parafocal wiyhin their respective sets, meaning they usually don't require refocusing when the filter wheel rotates them.
Remember when dealing with Teleskop-Express, their prices are shown in euros with the euro VAT of 19%. When you create an account on their system and it recognises your address in Australia, the system will adjust the prices you see on web listed items and in your cart to subtract the 19% VAT.
Old 09-09-2016, 03:33 PM
Crushellon (Tim)

Thanks for the advice, I went with the full Lrgb/Nb baader set.