Go Back   IceInSpace > IceTrade Classifieds > IceTrade Archives
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 26-07-2020, 11:06 PM
Ryderscope (Rodney)

Synguider

For sale one Skywatcher Synguider. For those that have not met this device before, it is a stand alone autoguider that does not need to be connected to an external computer. Control logic is all included in the camera housing and is controlled by the supplied hand controller. There is a small screen on the back of the camera for the basic display of guiding parameters.

Here is a link to the Skywatcher page on the device.

I have had this unit for about ten years and used it extensively but not for some time. I had it operating on a Losmandy GM8 via the ST4 guider port and it worked perfectly well for my application. Note that it does not come with a guidescope so it will need to be married up with one.

I powered it up to check (not connected to a mount) and the menu displays all work fine. It comes with a power pack for four D cells but can also be powered from an external 12v source. The only criticisms I have of this product is that the screen is a bit small and the buttons on the handset can take a bit of pressure to register. Notwithstanding those caveats, it is a great little unit and cost effective way of getting into guiding. Only reason for selling is that I just don't use it any more since I've moved to off axis guiding with my rig.

I am happy to let this go for $75 plus postage.

Clear skies,
Rodney
Attached Thumbnails
Click for full-size image (IMG_0485_1000px.jpg)
152.2 KB17 views
Click for full-size image (IMG_0486_1000px.jpg)
107.2 KB10 views

Last edited by Ryderscope; 27-07-2020 at 12:00 AM.