Go Back   IceInSpace > Images > Nightscapes

Old 29-10-2019, 09:45 PM
Paramount

Time lapse at Swinsty Reservoir

I spent last night at Swinsty Reservoir, about 10 miles from where I live shooting some time lapse and animated star trails. Although the weather forecast was for clear skies for the whole night the sky was very milky towards the horizon and despite no moon the sky didn't appear that dark (probably due to nearby lights). I shot 4 time lapse clips from which I also made some animated star trails. Just after 12 midnight two cars pulled up on the road that bisects the reservoir about half a mile from where I was and some people got out and proceeded to let off some very loud fireworks for a period of about half an hour (these appear in one of the clips). My friend Bob Moore in America reported recently that he was trapped in his observatory by a bear that was wandering around, luckily we don't have that problem over here, but those geese and ducks on the reservoir, what a noise! Honking and quacking most of the night🤣. I started about 8pm and finished just before 6am this morning. I have included a link to the full resolution video which is in HD and 4K (please be patient as it takes a while for the full resolution 4K to appear after posting to YouTube) as Facebook compresses the video and spoils the quality

All the clips were shot on my Sony A7Sii with Samyang 12mm f2.8 fisheye lens with exposures of 20 seconds at f2.8 and ISO 2500 and my Sony A7iii with Samyang 24mm f1.4 lens with exposures of 20 seconds at f2.8 and ISO 1600

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Age...ature=youtu.be
Old 30-10-2019, 07:49 PM
Merckx (James)

YouTube Australia says the video isn't available
Old 30-10-2019, 08:08 PM
Paramount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx View Post
YouTube Australia says the video isn't available
I've just tried the link on.my post and it works fine. I've never had a problem with this before, maybe it's to do with the Australian Youtube
Old 02-11-2019, 11:15 AM
Merckx (James)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paramount View Post
I've just tried the link on.my post and it works fine. I've never had a problem with this before, maybe it's to do with the Australian Youtube
Terrific, it's working now and I really enjoyed it. The fireworks were an unexpected highlight.
Old 02-11-2019, 08:39 PM
Paramount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merckx View Post
Terrific, it's working now and I really enjoyed it. The fireworks were an unexpected highlight.
Glad it's working ok now