Old 01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
Ric
Support your local RFS

Excellent point Jase. If money is no object I'll pay you to tutor me.

With all the stuff out there that is of such a high quality I find it difficult to decide what I would want.

Cheers
Old 01-07-2010, 04:28 PM
Hagar (Doug)

Money is no object, what's the matter with you blokes? Lack of it is the real problem.
In reality when I look at the amount I have wasted buying junk for this hobby I could easily have a great setup in the backyard and it would all be paid for but alas I bought the junk and probably will continue until tattersals gets generous.

What would I buy? Dunno, probably more junk or at least it would be in my hands. The trouble is the skill you cannot buy.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:48 PM
Geoff45 (Geoff)
PI rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagar View Post
Money is no object, what's the matter with you blokes? Lack of it is the real problem.
In reality when I look at the amount I have wasted buying junk for this hobby I could easily have a great setup in the backyard and it would all be paid for but alas I bought the junk and probably will continue until tattersals gets generous.

What would I buy? Dunno, probably more junk or at least it would be in my hands. The trouble is the skill you cannot buy.
The problem is that whatever you buy, after using it you yearn for more and when you get more, the old stuff becomes junk. A 4" APO--great, but what could I do with a 6" apo, an 8" APO, ...? PE at 5 arc sec, but wouldn't 2 arc sec be better.
20mm diagonal on my camera, but 50mm would be better--trouble is it needs a scope with a wide, flat field and a better mount to get nice sharply focussed images etc etc. No matter how much you have, there will always be something better over the horizon. That's why the professionals keep pushing the funding agencies for bigger scopes.