Old 05-11-2016, 09:45 AM
jsirwin (Jim)

JMI PCFC Compatibility

Is anyone out there using JMI's PCFC on Windows 7 Professional?
I'm having major issues with the focus motor running away (not responding) after a "Motor Off" command in the PCFC UI
JMI sent me a new PCFC controller so I know its not that....I have multiple focusers so I know its not that either....MUST be a software related.

Just looking for confirmation that it's compatible with WIN 7 PRO
Their tech guy isn't back until next week and nobody else over there can confirm.

Thanks
Old 06-11-2016, 09:09 PM
g__day (Matthew)
Tech Guru

I do - works fine! Must say I generally use BackYardEOS to control the focuser (a Meade motorfocus unit) linked to the JMI PCFC - all works fine. My astrolab gear is all running on Windows 7 Pro.

I have never used JMI software to try and send a motor on or off command to the unit - when BYE connects to JMI as an ASCOM focuser controller I only use move focus in or out commands until I am happy with the focus.
Old 07-11-2016, 04:13 AM
jsirwin (Jim)

Matthew.....Thanks so much for the confirmation. Do you by any chance have the PCFC UI installed? If so could you try it? Does it stop when clicking "Motor off" after a "Motor Reverse Full" command runs for a few seconds? Assuming you are Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1?

Thanks again